Chapter 7: You Are Anything But My Friend You Narcissistic Man Whore

Jessica's POV:

"Okay kids time for partners. As stated before I will be choosing them." Mr. Lake announces.

We are doing a project with three people in each group. We have to write like a story or book or something. This is probably the worst class ever. Besides it being literature, I have both Chris AND Alex in this class. How unfortunate. It is the only class I have with both of them though; the rest of my classes either have one of them or none.

"Last but not least, Christopher, Alexander" Oh Mr. Lake, don't you know not to call them that. He is totally going to be pranked. "And Jessica." Say what. I stand up abruptly.

"No, no, no, no, no. No. Something's gotta be wrong! I can't be with them! Please look it over again, it's gotta be a mistake!"

"I'm sorry Miss O'Conell that is your group. Now sit down."

"Jerk."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought. Now if you will please stop being so disruptive, I would like to go back to explaining." I open my mouth to protest but he cuts me off.

"Okay now go sit with your groups. I purposely put you all with people I know you don't talk much with, so I'll give you guys a moment to get to know each other." This is sure to be torture.

I feel their presence near me. One on each side, clever. Oh gosh I'm going to die. I'm too young to die. This is so unfair! Life really must hate me.

"Hey there Jess." Alex coos in my ear. I just stare at my fingers; maybe if I ignore them they will go away. Ya that's it, i'll ignore them.

"So when are you going to talk to us so we can 'get to know each other'?" That would be Chris using the voice he does when he mocks any teacher. Should I answer him? No. Stick to the plan Jessica, just stick to the plan.

'Ignoring them won't make them leave you alone, and you know it.'

Ugh! I know.

'Of course you do.'

Oh shut it.

'No.'

Arrgghh!

"Hello? Anyone in there" My head snaps up at that familiar voice.

"Huh?"

'You are so lame'

Well so are you!

'Yes, technically I am, considering i'm you.'

"Why's she frowning?"

"I dunno"

"Weird"

"Mhm"

I look up to find both boys staring at me with confused looks on the face. "Can I help you?" I snap at them. Right away I know I will regret that.

"Well we are supposed to be 'getting to know each other' so yes, you can." That was the last thing Alex said before they both bombard me with questions, but it is the last three that really make me uneasy.

"Have you had your first kiss?" I don't answer Chris, so Alex chimes in.

"Are you single?" Again I don't answer, well I haven't answered any of their questions, but that's because they haven't given me a chance till now. "Okay how bout this one. Are you a virgin?" No answer. I only blush, which gives away my answer.

"Huh. You're blushing-"

"Which means you are." Alex cuts him off. I Just look down and blush harder.