Chapter 13: I've Never Been In A Fight

A/N: Read AN at the end please, it's short, but has something I want you guys to know I guess.

"No."

"Pleeeaaase"

"I'm not seducing your teacher to give you an A, Jess"

"Well its not like I can do it. She's not exactly into girls, i found that out the hard way!"

"No!"

"You owe me!"

"For what!?"

"Gimme a minute, I'll find something!"

"Jess, no."

"Pleaaassee. She already wants you, just give her a little touch and give her this note"

As I says this, Shawn walks in then turns immediately and walks back out, not even bothering to ask.

I turn back to Chris and start running my finger down his chest, batting my eyelashes a little. "Pleassseee..." He sucks in a breath and gulps, his chest rising and falling quickly. Once he recovers he jumps away from me, "Jess...why does it look like you are twitching. Stop that thing you're doing with you eye."
My mouth drops open and I stick my tongue out and walk out of the living room. I stop abruptly, turn around amd yell to the kitchen, "so is that, like, a definite no...or?" All I hear in return is a frustrated groan.

Before I can complain, Alex walks through the door. "So any ideas for that writing assignment? What was it again? Something about lessons or whatever?"

I shake my head. "No luck here. Worst part is, February is ending soon which only gives us a few months! And we still haven't even come up with an idea! Lessons on what? How do you make a story out of that?" I wait for any suggestions they had, because at this point, I was desperate enough to listen. Sadly, I'm only greeted with silence which makes me slump back into the couch.

"Right...well if we aren't going to do anything I'm gonna go ahead and leave. Jess, do you know if Beth is home?" I nod and wave him goodbye.

"Guess it's just you and me kiddo."

"You sound like a pedophile, Chris."

He simply smirks and slumps into the couch, next to me. "Hey, what was so important that you needed to tell me when I was sober?" He scrunches his eybrows in confusion so I do my best to elaborate. "I asked you about why you fucked with me for so long, and you said you would rather tell me when I was 100% sober, remember?" He gulps and starts to fidget around in his seat, obviously nervous.

"I didn't think you would remember. Uhm, I...well, there is no excuse really...but the way I justified it in my fucked up preteen mind was that I could take your happiness and make it my own," he gulps and looks at me, weighing my reaction. I'm simply staring at my hands on my lap, my eyebrows furrowed. "You were just so happy, a smile always on your face, even when I started bullying you, you never ceased to be ha-"

"Who said I was ever happy to begin with? Who said I didn't  just fake it? Who said my life wasn't just as fucked up as yours must have been...Sorry, go on."

"No, tell me. What do you mean?"

"After. Just go on, please. Why were you so unhappy?"

"Uh okay. Well it was my dad. He was, heh, well, abusive," I look up, my eyes wide, pity filling my every bone, but I tried to hide it; I knew pity is not what he wants from me right now, so I let him continue. "He used to try to beat my brother and I, but my mom would always intervene and take the beatings for us. It's not like we'd never get any of it though; my mom use to try to cover our bruises up with make-up, so the school wouldn't get suspicious. It didn't always cover them completely, but it got the job done."