Chapter 9: Babe, These Are Anything But Small

"Good morning, class. Today I will be calling you up individually to give you your topics for the project. While I do that I want you to get together with your partners...."

I zone out after that, as I think back to this morning. Alex's fuming face as he stormed towards us, with a hysterical Chris laughing beside him. I've got to admit, that was pretty funny.

Unexpectedly, my head takes me back to my so called date with Chris. Who would ever imagine I'd have fun. I sure as hell didn't. In all honesty, I thought he was going to kill me and hide the body... ok so maybe not that far... but still, who knew what could have happened. I mean one day they're putting stink bombs in my locker, (how, I have not a single clue), and the next they're all lovey dovey? How is that not suspicious? If you know, please do inform me.

"Jess?" an amused voice says beside me. I look up, startled, and find two faces right in front of mine. Like no joke, two centimeters away.

"Holy crap!" I screech as I fly backwards in my chair. To say I wasn't expecting them to be so close is an understatement.

"Ms. Conwell, please settle down." I blush a deep red, before getting up and answering. All eyes are on me as I apologize. Well that was embarrassing...

~•~*~•~

6:00 pm

Crap, crap, crap, crap. God! Either he's terrible at giving directions or I suck at understanding them. Given my current location, probably a little bit of both.

Or you just suck at understanding them, plain and simple.

Oh joy, you're back. Everything was perfectly fine until you decided to show up.

Fine? You're lost. As in, not one clue where you are, and everything's fine? Ha!

I glare into space until I come up with practically the smartest idea ever. I can just call Alex! As I am searching through my contacts I realize that I don't have his number.... only Chris's. God dammit. Why me?!

"Hello?"

"Uh, hey, um, it's, uh, Jessica....Conwell?" I'm so pathetic.

"Oh hey, what's up? Where are you? We've been waiting for like half an hour!"

"Yeah, about that, um, I kinda got lost and I was wond-"

"Bahahahahaha! You got lo- ahhahaha. Oh my God! He lives 10 blocks down! How the hell do you get lost!?"

"You know what! Never mind. I'll find my way on my own!" I huff.

"No! Erm...I mean no. Tell me where you are, I'll come get you." I smile broadly, until I realize I didn't know.

"Uh about that. Heh, funny story actually, you see-"

"You don't know do you"

"..."

"*sigh* Just stay put alright."

"Well considering the fact that I'm out of gas and have no where to go..."

"Jesus, Jess."

"Well, bye!" I chirp, before hanging up. I'm starting to get more comfortable around Chris. Do I trust him? No. Am I afraid of him? Ehhh, a little. Do I doubt the fact that he wouldn't hurt me? Not really. Same with Alex; I'm getting just a little more comfortable.

*2 hours later*

I knock on Alex's door repeatedly until he finally opens.

"Could you be any more patient?" he says sarcastically.