Chapter 8.

Cassidy:

I wake up to the sound of rain hitting the window. I sigh, putting on my glasses and push back the covers. It's Saturday, today Alex goes back to New Zealand. She's been with us a week, but her foster parents want her back- which is understandable.

I shuffle downstairs and head into the kitchen. I fill up the kettle and leave it to boil. I slump into one of the kitchen stalls and watch the rain trickle down the window. I make myself a cup of tea and head back upstairs and into the bedroom.

"Morning babe." Perri says looking up from his phone.

"Hey." I smile sitting down on the bed next to him.

"What's on the engender for today?" He chuckles turning on the TV.

"Well, Alex is getting picked up at 10am, then Ava has a birthday party at 12pm and the Street Sister's have a rehearsal at 1pm."

"Busy then! You sad Alex is going?" He says putting his arm around me.

"Yeah! I want her to stay here, where I can make sure she's okay." I say resting my head on Pel's chest.

"I know." He says kissing the top of my head.

I take a sip of my cup of tea and head over to the wardrobe. I pull on my dark blue jeans and fitted white crop top. I tie a lumberjack shirt around my waist and push my feet into my Timberlands. I leave my hair in it's natural curls and pull a burgundy beanie on. I readjust my glasses and apply my makeup. Once I'm ready I head into Ava's room.

"Wake up sleepy head!" I laugh seeing her spark out in bed.

She gradually rolls over and sits up. She rubs her eyes and pouts at me.

"Don't you want to say goodbye to Auntie Alex?" I say pulling out a nice little dress for the party.

I turn around and Ava is stood right behind me. I laugh and peel off her pyjamas. I change her into her outfit and tie the front part of her hair up, leaving the rest to fall over her shoulders. I leave her playing with her barbies and exit her room.

"You all packed then." I half smile seeing Alex pull her suitcase out of the spare room.

"Yeah." She sighs.

"Leave it there, Pel will take it downstairs." I joke seeing him walk out of the bathroom. "That's what those muscles are for!"

He pushes me playfully and carries Alex's case downstairs leaving it by the door. We all head downstairs and into the living room. It's time for the goodbyes. I embrace Alex into a tight hug. We stay in each others arms for ages before I feel my shoulder becoming moist.

"Hey, don't cry." I smile wiping away her tears.

"I know, I just don't want to go." She chuckles wiping the running mascara away with her sleeve.

"We just won't leave it 5 years until we see eachother again! Okay?" I say seeing her smile.

I pull her into a hug, blinking away tears. Perri pulls her into a hug.

"Ava! Come say goodbye to Auntie Alex." I call upstairs.

I walk back into the living room to hear Pel giving Alex a little speech.

"Now, if that boy gives you any and I mean ANY trouble, tell him I will find him!"

We all burst out laughing, and Ava gives Alex a big hug and kiss before we are interrupted by a car horn beeping outside.

"Well, that's my cue." She says gesturing to the taxi.

I give her one last hug and Perri carries her suitcase to the boot of the taxi. She gets inside and gradually drives out of sight. I take in a big breath of air before letting it out loudly. Perri kisses me softly before pulling me into a hug.

"Right c'mon Ava lets get you to Ellie's party!" I say as we all make our way to Pel's car.

After we've dropped Ava off we head over to the studio. We park up and make our way inside. Some of my dancers: Keelea and Brianna, are inside waiting.

"Hey girls! Lets get started."

We head into studio 2 and begin stretching out. Kylie, Annie and Emilia soon arrive and join us. We run through the number twice.

"Get a quick drink then we will run it again." I say turning down the music.

Once they are ready we begin again.

"5, 6, 7, 8!" I call above the music. "C'mon attitude! More, more! Nice Keelea!"

After they've finished we take a break. They rest on the floor until they get their breath back.

"Once more, but I think you need an audience..." I say opening the door. "Run through it quickly for a second."

I jog over to studio 1 and pop my head around the door. The boys are messing around on their new airboards. They stop when they see me.

"Can I borrow you all for a minute please?" I smile.

"Yeah sure!" They all say following me back over to studio 2. "These are your audience!" I smile presenting the boys.

All of my girls are stood speechless. Me and the boys start laughing. It's like they've never seen them before!

"Girls, snap out of it!" I say turning on their music. "5, 6 ,7 ,8!" I clap the beat over the music.

Once the girls have finished performing the boys clap like mad. My girls smile and blush. Honestly! Ashley gives them some tips on how to improve their performance faces before they all go home. I go and sit with the boys until they finish their rehearsal. Once we are ready we pick Ava up and head home.