Chapter 9

(Darcy's Pov)
My wings stretched out, air streaming through my hair. Violet was in front of me, and Dan next to her. They seemed to be talking.

James was behind me, and Allie was off to the side of the group. I could see the green blotch, the forest, under me. A cloud brushed over my back, sliding over my wings. I shivered, and flicked my wings down, shaking the water off of them.

All of a sudden, agonizing pain jolted down my spine. I didn't say anything, but instinctively curled up into a ball, with my wings wrapping around my body. My heart dropped as I fell.

"DARCY!" I heard Allie yell. Arms grabbed me around my stomach, and stopped my decent.

Pain rippled across my back again, and I squeezed my eyes shut, and let the black shadows take over my vision.
-----------
I blinked. My mouth opened to a yawn, I stretched.

I pushed the bed sheets back, and got off the bed. My spine gave a short protest, but besides that, it didn't hurt anymore. I started to the bathroom.

I wasn't more than 3 steps away from the bed when something thumped onto the wooden floor, a quick jolt of pain shooting up my back. I turned around in surprise, and let out a shriek.

There, laying on the floor, was a black, scaly, purple tipped TAIL. And it was attached to me.

I had a tail.