Chapter 16

(The beasts POV) 😉😉😉😉😏😏 WINKEY FACES!

Voices. I heard voices. My arm is throbbing, and my jaw feels like it's on fire.

Hands grab my shoulders, and then my jaw. I start to struggle. The hands on my shoulders hold me down, and I panic.

My jaw throbs, clicks, and stops hurting all together.

I'm lifted up onto something soft, and against my panicked will, I snuggle into it, and fall fast asleep.

~<~>~

No, no! Run! Run! I scrabble on the slick tiled floor, trying to gain purchase.

The guards were coming, and I ran, my claws sliding on the floor every so often.

My tail dragged behind me, and my wings opened up to take flight.

I beat them, and rose sloppily into the air. Gunshots, bullets tore through my wings, creating holes.

Nets clamped my wings to my back; pure terror, and fear clouding my mind. I couldn't get out, I was trapped, trapped, and now I was going to die!

No, no! I fell, and slammed into the hard ground, the impact jarring me.

The guards came, and they hurt me, they broke my wings, they cut off my spikes!

The hurt, the hurt! Tears streamed down my snout, and pooled on the ground.

Why can't they just kill me?! The torture was too much! It was too much!

I felt a presence in my mind, but the pain and fear was too much for me to think much of it.

"Stop panicking! You're dreaming! Wake up, wake up!" A voice suddenly said inside my head, stopping the hurt.

Dreaming? This hurt was a dream? No. No, this is not dream... It is a remembering.

"Wake up." The voice said. "Try to wake up."

Wake up? How do I wake up?

"I'll help." 

•••

BRIGHT! BRIGHT LIGHT! I made a sound something like a screech and a roar.

I heard a noise, and then the light turned off. I cautiously opened my eyes. I was in a room, laying on something soft and squishy.

I sat up.

My eyes landed on a handsome man sitting in a chair on the other side of the room.

He smiled, and came closer to my bed. I watched him nervously.

"Hi." He said softly. "I'm Rob. What's your name?" 

Name? Name... I searched my brain. I used to have a name. I used to...

"Preston. Your name is Preston." The presence said.

Preston. Yes, that sounds right.

"P-Preston." I said quietly, my voice hoarse. I haven't spoken in years. "My... name... is...Preston."

He smiles.

"Hi Preston." He said happily. "How's your jaw?" I blinked, and reached a hand up to touch my jaw.

It was a little swollen, but didn't hurt.

"It's fine." I said. I could barely hear myself talk, my voice was so quiet. Guess that happens when you haven't talked for almost a century... Was it a century? Longer? I don't remember...

His face turned worried.

"Preston.. How long have you been at the Hybrid Center?" He asked.

How long? I don't know...

"Very long." I whispered. "Too long."

His eyes showed sadness I didn't understand. Why was he sad?

Was he sad for me?

"I'm so sorry Preston..." He said, agony lacing his voice. "I can't imagine how awful that must have been." He sat on the edge of the bed, and reached out his arms.

On instinct, I flinched away from him.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said quietly, and wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer.

I was tense for a few seconds, but then melted into his arms, my head nuzzled on his chest.

"Thank you Rob." I said, my throat tight. I could feel the tears just waiting to spill. He put his cheek on my head.

"Your welcome Preston."He whispered.

-------

AWWWW!! SO CUTE!! Who saw that coming? :3😉

Love you all, my enderdragons!! ❤️❤️

-Violet