Chapter 5

THERES A SPIDER IN MY ROOM, I THREW MY TOY NARWHAL WHOSE NAME IS MR. SQUISH AT IT, AND NOW I DUN NO WHERE IT IS. IM SOOOO SOOOORRRRRYYYY MR. SQUISH!!! TEH SPIDER IS NOW ON MY CELING, HAAAALLLLPPPP!!!!!
-------------
A blur tackled Allie off the bridge, and she gave a shout of surprise. I looked over the edge of the bridge, half expecting to see Allie's mangled body laying broken on the forest floor.

But instead, I saw Allie push the blur off of her, and unfurl her wings. She shot up to the bridge, and turned to me.

"You ok?" She said.

"Yup." I said, and jumped over the railing, my wings catching air, and stopping my decent.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO OPEN YOUR WING!" She shouted down to me.

"OH WELL!" I shouted back at her. I looked for the mysterious blur. I was guessing it was either DC475 or DA120. Something tackled me, throwing me off balance.

"Ack!" I said in shock, as they hugged me.

"Hey, VL287." They said.

"DA120?!" I said. "What are you doing here?!" Why didn't I smell his scent earlier? My nose or ears should have picked up some sign that he was nearby.

Maybe this new place is just muddling my senses. I pushed him off of me, it's kinda hard to fly when someone is hugging you.

"Trying to find you!" He said, smiling. "Wow. You look so different. It's a good different!" I smile at his usual happy go lucky attitude, that I hardly ever get to experience at the Hybrid Center.

"Why are you with her?" I looked up to where Allie was crouched on the bridge railing, her wings poised above her, ready for flight. She gave a smile, and nodded, giving us a joking salute.

Dan grinned, and saluted back. I laughed.

"She was helping me." I said. "You remember when I was shot, and I fainted in the air? Her friends are the ones who saved me. They saved her too, about 3 years ago. She changed her name to Allie."

"I kinda guessed that she was ok, after I realized that she was a Hybrid." My nose smelled two familiar scents. I heard the beating of wings, and then DC475 appeared, flying down next to me. I gave her a tight hug, she was like my sister, and I loved her so much. As a sister of course.

JM261 emerged from the trees, and I waved, before he flew closer, and gave me a hug.

"Jeez! I had no idea how much I missed you guys." I said with a smile.

"We missed you to!" Said DC475. "I need another girl to cope with these doofuses." She gestured to the boys.

"Hey!" JM261, and DA120 protested.

"I want you guys to meet a new friend." I beat my wings, and soared back up to the bridge. They followed. I landed next to Allie, and I introduced her to DA120, DC475, and JM261.

"Hi Dan, Darcy, and James!" She said happily.

"Who?" DA120 asked.
"Your non Hybrid names." She explained. "I thought they fit."

"I like mine." Darcy said.

"James does sound cool." James said thoughtfully.

"Did they escape with you, Violet?" Allie asked.

"I'm assuming my non Hybrid name is Violet?" I questioned. "And yes they did."

"Yup, that's your non Hybrid name." She said perkily.

"It's pretty." Dan mumbled. I smiled at him.

"Ok, now time for a makeover!!" Allie said, grabbing Darcy's hand and started dragging her to her treehouse. I think she was enjoying this.

"What?!" Darcy asked, confused.

"Just go with it!" I said, giggling alittle.

"Umm.. Ok!" She called over her shoulder. I sighed happily.

"Now what?" Asked James.

"I dunno." I said, sitting on the railing. Dan sat next to me, and James on the other side. Then I grabbed Dan's arm, and pushed him off the railing.

He yelped in surprise, and his hand held onto mine, dragging me down with him. I snagged James' shirt with my finger, and he waved his arms around in an attempt to gain balence, before he toppled over the railing. I gave a laugh of just pure happiness, and freedom, flipping over so that I could see the ground rushing closer.

Moments before I hit the grass, I opened my wings, and soaring up into the blue sky. Dan and James followed in suit, grins plastered to their faces. I looked at the horizon, hovering. James was on my left side, with Dan on my right.

"So this is what freedom feels like." Dan whispered.

"I guess so." James answered.

"Well it feels pretty damn good to me." I said grinning at both of them, before declaring a race to Allie's treehouse.

To be fair, I did get a head start.
----------
Yes I have a toy narwhal. DUNT JUGDE ME NARWHALS ARE FAB!!! 😘

Edited
-Violet :3