She's a Fighter; Chapter One

I hit the local gym like I always do. I haven’t wanted to go in my gym just because my team isn’t here. It doesn’t feel the same without them.

I grab the door to the room where all the punching bags are, with my gym bag on my shoulder. I pass by the front desk.

“Hey babe, so when am I getting my next ticket to your fight?”the concierge asks.

This guy is crazy. He thinks I’m just gonna give free tickets to just anyone.

“Uhm, when you buy them... idiot”

I wasn’t really in the mood to be nice today. I just wanted to get in and out.

“But your next fight with Johnson is going to be crazy packed. Do you know how much your tickets cost?” He looked at me all bug-eyed.

“ To be honest, nope.”

“Well they cost about 500 dollars if you want to see any part of the fight.”

“Damn.”

I mean I knew that I had a bunch of crazy loyal fans but just damn.

I wouldn’t even pay 500 dollars for a fight, and I have enough money to do as I please.

“Uh tell you what. Give me a free month membership for exchange for the tickets. I’ll even throw in a backstage pass.”

“OH MY GOSH SURE ! you’re telling me I’ll be in the same room as Johnson?!”

“yeah and ME.”

“Awesome, but why would you need a free month membership? I mean you have the money and your own personal gym.”

“I can take back my offer if you want.”

“No...!”

I knew I was being kind of rude, but he was getting on my nerves. I went to my punching bag and got started.

I don’t know how long I’ve been there, but I was starting to feel the burn. Each combination of punches and kicks help me work out any stress or anger I had (and I had a lot.) Each punch, each kick, each blow wanted to make me give in. I was panting and sweating my butt off, but I knew I couldn’t give in. I’m a fighter. I literally fight for a living. I wanted to push myself harder each time. I felt like I owed it to myself to show off everyone that ever said I couldn’t. Each blow to the punching bag represented all the people who said I wouldn’t make it or made me feel worthless and I kept pushing because I know I’m anything but worthless.