She's a Fighter; Chapter Seven

My breathing was fast and giddy. I felt so out of breath. My face was warm and my hands were clammy. I can’t believe I’m so nervous about going on a date with a fan.Oh gosh, I just admitted to being nervous. Was he just a fan or did I want him to be something more?

The minute I stepped into the bar, Kenny, the bartender, started screaming, “Aye, you guys look who decided to come to Beer Garden’s?”

He had a smirk on his face because he knew I hate the attention. Kenny is a great bartender and has heard enough of my rants to know that about me.

Reed turned around after he had checked his breath, which I thought was cute. I was chewing gum before so I didn’t have anything to worry about.

People started screaming my name, which caused me to look down and shake my head. The smirk on my face made it look like I enjoyed it.

“Carter!”

“Oh my gosh, it’s ‘the killer.’”

“Oh, Carter Price is in the house.”

I lift my head and shook it. I put a hand down telling everyone to calm down.

I got to Reed and he stood up. His face lit up and this huge smile was on his face. I swear a thousand butterflies just erupted in my stomach.

I looked around to get a good view of the place, take in the atmosphere.

He took a few seconds to look at me, and I did the same. We stood there silently looking at each other. It wasn’t awkward. Actually, it was quite comfortable. He wore jeans that sat low on his hips and a long sleeve button up that was open at the top. I felt a bit underdressed.

He took my hand, “You look great.” he said as he sat me down.

“Me? I feel underdressed. Look at you.” he looked quite good.

He chuckled under his breath. “First of all you look great and second of all I didn’t exactly know what was proper wear to go watching a UFC fight with an underground champion.”

I smiled at his comment because honestly I was thinking the same thing.

“I guess neither of us do.”

“I guess not.”

Kenny walked over to us. He looked at Reed and then at me.I sighed.

“So is Ms. Price actually getting a real relationship for once.” I glared at him and he put his hands up as he was innocent. I kept my relationships out of the public. None of them really worked out and to my surprise it wasn’t because of my condition.

“What? What happen to your past relationships?” Reed asks curiously which was weird because ex’s weren’t exactly first date talk. First date? Does that mean there’s going to be a second? My mind was distraught with questions.

I glared at Kenny and I shook my head.

“You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” Reed says politely.

“No, it’s fine. Long story short, they just didn’t last.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m sure you have quite a collection to pick from that other girls normally don’t. You could easily snag any guy wanted.”

Kenny snorts.

“Yeah. In a submission? Sure. In a date? I mean I don’t even know how she got you here.”

I glared at Kenny. I hate when people played me out as that. I’m not a player. I’m not a quickie type of girl, at least not particularly. I didn’t ask much from my boyfriends. When things started getting real and below the surface, I guess they couldn’t handle me.

“Aww, no need to blush. I’m sure that’s not true.” I was blushing?

My phone beeped. It was Faye.

“I’m so sorry. It’s just my friend. She’ll go crazy if I don’t answer.”

Faye: Everything okay? ;)

Me: Yeah Kenny is kinda getting on my nerves tho but its all good.

Faye: You sure?

Me: Yes! I gotta go. You’re making Reed wait!

I apologize again and scrunch my nose.

The night was great. We talked for an hour until they started to fight.

“God, this fight is taking forever to start.” I said whining.

“What? Am I boring you?” he said jokingly. I smiled a little and laughed.

“Haha, no! It’s just I am very impatient.”

“I can tell by the looks.”

“I should seriously tell the producer to get this show on the road?”

“If only you had his number.”

“Actually, I do.”

He looked away from the screen and looked at me.

The night went on and it was great. The fight was good. I kind of already knew that Jones would win. Sonnen was too much talk and not enough walk. The bar was filled with yelling because they wanted Sonnen to win. Primarily the loudest person in the room was me.I yell at the screen like the fighters can hear me. Reed took the time to look away from the screen to laugh at me and tell me how cute he thought it was that I was the loudest out of all these drunken guys.

The night was almost over, but in reality it had just begun.