She's a Fighter; Chapter Nineteen

She left and no one touched her or even said anything her. She left like that. She didn’t even need any protection. She left because she knew I’d do it. She knew.

“Baby, are you okay?” Reed asked. “Reed, give her some space.” Reed kissed my forehead and started to leave, but I grabbed his arm before he could. I shook my head telling him to stay without actually using words. I avoided eye contact at all times. I don’t think I’d be okay looking at someone see me break down. I leaned my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. No one talked to me. They had nothing to say. I mean, what could they say at this point? “Everything’s gonna be alright”? No. They didn’t even know that. They didn’t know that. They’re all probably trying to plan out how they’re gonna make it, let alone me.

~~~~~~~~~A few days later~~~~~~~~~

I hid in my escape. I left to my safe place where no one would bother me. Even if they did bother me, I’d be too much in the zone to give a damn.

Jab. Jab. Cross. Hook. Knee one. Roundhouse two. Thank god, my punching bag had lasted through all of the crap I put it through. I’m not exactly gentle when it comes to punching and kicking.

I’ve been thinking and I am gonna do it. Nothing was going to change my mind. I am going to lose the title fight. These people, they’re the reason I got here. Without them, this wouldn’t be happening. They say you only get one shot with your title fight, well I say you only get one shot with extraordinary people like these. The title fight pales in comparison to them. If I had to lose the title fight and lose my pride, to make sure the people I cared about were okay, then goddamn I’d do it. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

~~~~~~~~Faye’s POV~~~~~~~~

She’s been an extrovert lately. She’s like a hermit crab in her little shell. I don’t blame her. I’d hide too if I was her. All she does is train.

It kills me though. She’s been going for the title fight for years since the incident and that’s been her main focus for four years after recovery. At the same time, there’s a lot on the line. I know her too well. She’s going to do it. She’s going to do it for us; all of us. She cares too much for us. Goddamn it! When she has to be fucking sensible about shit, it had to be come at a time like this. I hope she’s okay. I mean, I know she’s not but, she needs to get through this with a clear mind. i can’t believe I have to just sit here and watch all of this happen to her. There’s nothing I can do to change all of this. She needs to stay sane for this much, or else she might do something she’d regret forever.

~~~~~~~~~~Reed’s POV~~~~~~~~~

Carter. My Carter. I can’t believe this is happening to her. She doesn’t deserve this.

“I’m sorry,” she said. She started tearing. I could tell she was trying to hold it in.

“For what, honey? None of this is your fault.” I told her as I tried to soothed her. I held her in my arms and I could feel my shirt getting damp from her tears. I rubbed circles in her back trying to get her relaxed enough to talk. She walks out of my arms to get some space. She looks down at her feet and doesn’t make eye contact.

“Reed, we need to break up,” she said in a whisper. I was hit and goddamn was I going down. I loved her. I couldn’t believe this.She needs me, well I guess not anymore. But, I need her. I need to know she’ll be okay in the end.