She's a Fighter Chapter Thirteen

I was ecstatic. No, I was overly ecstatic, crazily in love with Reed, the man on of my dreams. We were almost a normal relationship, as far as underground league fighter girlfriend and her unknown boyfriend relationships go.

    I know I heard him say it. I saw his lips moving to say it. I saw him stare into my eyes and make sure that I completely understood what he was trying to point out. I was so shocked. I was stunned. I even asked him to repeat himself because I thought I heard him wrong.

“... you heard me right.” he said, with a smirk.

“C’mon let’s get to bed, you must be exhausted.”

He had the biggest smirk on his face. It was like watching a little kid winning an argument with an older sibling. I shook my head and headed for the door, while I held his hand. He grabbed both of my hands from behind me and held me close to him.

I was confused, but I was too happy to ruin the moment.

Reed held his lips close to my ear and said, “You think if I told you I was in love with you sooner, I would’ve gotten in your bed sooner?”

I felt a rush of blood flush to my cheeks. I immediately thought, oh my gosh. I shook my head and shushed him. We walked upstairs hand in hand towards my bed.

Reed sat on my bed, waiting patiently as I shut the door. He lied on my king-sized bed as I cuddled into his arms. I lay my head on his chest and put my hand on his abs. One word: Damn.

“You have such a big bed.”

“Yeah, so much room for activities.” I said.

We both laughed at the thought.

Reed and I lied there for hour, talking. Or at least what felt like hours. At the same time, time was flying. He told me about his father and how growing up with him was hard because of the expectations his dad put on him. I thought about how great Reed was. I can’t believe that his family would do anything to try to change who he was.

“... so how long have you been living with your uhm condition?”

He wasn’t trying to be rude, or upfront. Reed just wanted to know more about me.

“A while. I started around 13ish, after I stopped living with my parents.”

“I’m sorry if that was ignorant and blunt. I didn’t mean to rush you into anything too personal for you.”

“No, it’s okay.”

“I want you to tell me things on your own terms, on your own time. Okay, baby? I just wanna let you know that you can always talk to me.”

“I just never wanted to drag you into anything you’re not sure of. My life isn’t exactly what you call easy.” Nice one, Carter. Give him reasons not to wanna be with you.

“Baby, your struggles are my struggles. I wanna be a part of your life. I might not know everything about you, but I plan to. I might not understand entirely, but I’ll always be here to listen and learn. I know that your life mustn’t have been easy, but I wanna give you everything you’ve ever been deprived of and more.”

For a split second, my heart ached. Reed will never understand how much his words affected me.  A tear ran down my face. Reed pulls me up, wipes my tear, and kisses the spot where the tear was.

I smiled at him because that’s all I could do. I had no other way of showing how happy I was. Words couldn’t express how much I felt. I thought... I thought I couldn’t be with Reed because I got speedy, but it’s better than ever. Everything is intensified. All my feelings for him multiply. I fall even harder and harder for him. If anything being with him while I’m speedy was even better.