She's a Fighter; Chapter Eight

Have you ever been with someone and wanted to spend as much time you could with them? That’s how I feel right now.

I was having such a good time. I was … happy and all because of this one man. How Reed has that effect on me, I don’t know. I went to the bathroom and checked my eyes. They were hazel again. Not black, not gray, not faded but hazel and nicely accented by my eye makeup, if I say so myself.

The fight was over and the men, one by one, started to empty out the bar. I was kind of disappointed to see the night end.

“Well I guess I better get going.” I told him while scrunching my face.

I signaled to Kenny to get me the check.

“Got to go already?”

“Patience, grasshopper. Wouldn’t want to come off clingy.”

I wasn’t playing hard to get. I just liked to take it slow. Take it slow? What am I talking about? This is just me hanging out with a fan, or was it?

“I mean I could either spam you with texts tonight or we can make the most of this night.”

He smiled at me. His eyes were warm and inviting. Those deep blue pools poured into mine, assuring me I could trust him. I should trust him. His eagerness made me smile, but then I came to a realization. Reed didn’t know me. Reed was practically still a stranger. He was a fan, of the “killer.” Not Carter. At least not at this point. Could it all be a fandom? Was he just after a big name? The thought sickened me that this man could be so cruel, but then again people were cruel. I was not going to get attached. I was not going to get hurt. He can’t torture me like that. I wouldn’t let him.

“Please?” He asked with pleading eyes. “I’m probably never going to see you again. You’re probably going to get some rich, tough UFC boyfriend that I could never go up against. Let me have this dream date?”

“Oh, so this is a date?” I said teasingly.

“Whatever it is, I don’t want it to end.”

Kenny came with the check. I took out my phone and grabbed for some cash, but instead Reed took the check.

“I got it.” He says reaching for his wallet. He puts up a hand signaling he can take care of it.

I shook my head, “Reed, you really don’t need to do that.” I wasn’t trying to boast off that I had quite a sum of cash, but I mean I could’ve gotten it.

“I’m not poor, you know.” He chuckles.

I back off and put my hands up in the air to show my defeat.

I wave goodbye to Kenny and we walk out the door. Shit, it was cold. I shivered and jumped a little from the chill I got. Reed must have noticed. He threw his leather jacket over me. His scent filled my nose. It was strong but warm and inviting. It was an unmistakable scent.

We stood outside the bar. I was waiting for him to lead me.

“So where shall take this night take us?” I ask. I look at him and he takes his gaze away from the open area and takes time to look at me. He smiles at me making my stomach cringe. In my head, I jump in joy, take his hand, and run off into the night. That’s how happy I felt right now. That’s how ecstatic I was. But I didn’t do that, because I tried to keep my cool. I didn’t want to seem overeager.

He took both of my hands in his and came close to my face. He locked his eyes on mine. I wasn’t sure what he was going to do. He looked like he was going to kiss me, but then turned his head toward my ear. Reed’s breath was hot against my skin and it made me all tingly.

“Where do you want it to take you?” He said. My eyes widened and I gulped. I could feel a grin spread across his face.