Reunited

Deidara's P.O.V.

Itachi left, and I was still half asleep laying down with Sasuke, who was trembling. He was worried. I knew it, Itachi knew it, but since I'm with him, I figured this is my chance to get Sasuke on my side, instead of that stupid weasel. I know that sounds selfish, but I need Sasuke to love me. I also know that he already loves Itachi more than me. I can tell by the way they look at each other. Sooner or later I'll have to give up. I don't want to, but maybe it will be time to let go.

"Are you ok Sasuke."

I felt him nodding against my chest.

"I'm ok, I guess. I-I was just scared, or something like that."

I was hesitant to say something because I feared it might hurt him.

"He will be fine Sasuke. He knows how of take care of himself-hmm. Plus I'm here to protect him and you if something does go wrong. Please don't cry, everything will be fine."

I could feel his grip tighten on my cloak as I tried to reassure him. I've never seen him this shaken about anything. I guess it is time to let go. The place were going after all this should have someone, right? Maybe they can make the pain go away. I can't let store realize I'm depressed though. Maybe I'll try one more time after all.

"I, Sasuke, I still love you, but you knew that- un. I really do but if you don't feel the same I understand completely. I just wanted you to know."

I quietly waited for him to say something back. Silence. More silence. I was getting nervous. I was about to say something when he finally replied.

"Look, Deidara. I know you love me. I've known this for a while actually, and I just wanted to know that, um-"

He cleared his throat, then continued talking.

"I, I-"

I looked up at him with watery eyes and held his left hand with my right.

"D-don't lie to me, Sasuke- un."

I was a little shaky and I was gripping the sheets on the bed.

"Please..."

He sighed and then started to pat my head, stroking my long blonde hair.

"I'm sorry, Deidara, but I need Itachi. I never realized how much I loved him until a few days ago when I felt like I lost him. That's when I knew that I wanted to be next to him as long as I possibly can."

I looked down and wiped my tears off of my face.

'I really did love him. Too much.'

"Don't cry Deidara. There are other people that will love you, so much. You'll find someone. I know you will. Even I thought you were cute when I first saw you. What I'm trying to say is, don't cry just because of me. I'm not that special. Your tears should be saved for something more worthy."

He put his hands on my cheeks and then kissed my forehead. I on the other hand was sobbing. I felt like everything was being taken away from me.

"Ok Sasuke.*hic* I'll try."

I leaned up against him and shivered. It was kind of cold in here. Sasuke got up and tried to pull the covers on me but I wouldn't move. So he pick me up and moved the covers then sat me down.

'I know I'm not that light, I wonder how strong he really is?'

I relaxed when he layed down next to me under the covers. I curled up next to him, then fell asleep because of the body heat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Itachi's P.O.V.

I killed Sasori, which wasn't hard because he was asleep and I just had to stab him in the core. Then came Konan. Then Kisame, and Kakuzu left on his own. Hidan was nowhere to be found so I gave up looking for him. I also couldn't find Tobi, which was weird because he is usually next to Deidara at all times. Not to mention Zetsu was also not here.

'Other than those few looser ends everything is done.'

I walked back down the hallway and came to the room we were in and saw Deidara asleep next to Sasuke, who looked calm now by the way. Deidara on the other hand had dry tears on his cheeks and was shivering huddled up to Sasuke.

"Are you ok now? I'm so sorry for leaving you but, everything is done now and-"

He ran up to me and hugged me tightly, cutting off my sentence. His face was buried in my neck and his right hand was in my hair. I sighed, inhaling that faint masculine scent that always lingers when I'm around him.

"Do I still smell like strawberries?"

He blushed and looked up at me then looked to the side.

"Tsk- cocky bastard.-Sigh- I love you."

He pulled me down and brought his lips to mine in a needy kiss.

"I love you too, Sasuke."