Chapter 21

{Carson's POV}

- a few days later -

So it's done. It's officially over. Tour is over. I loved it so much, it was amazing and we made so many awesome memories. It was like no other, but I think it's time to go home. We gathered the last of our belongings and hopped out of the bus in California. We were all in Los Angeles right now.

I was leaving back to Washington in about a week after arriving back to LA after tour. Everyone else, besides Matty, lived here, so they had no problem. As for Matt, he was heading back to Atlanta with Mars and Rebecca tomorrow.

Hayden's parents arrived to pick us up in two cars. We divided ourselves and hopped in. The first stop was Hayden and Dylan's home. Their parents insisted we stay over for lunch, so we did. When we were done, we packed up and gathered everything as my mom's car parked by the front porch. I thanked everyone, said my goodbye's and walked out.

I hopped into my mom's car as she drove me back to our house in California.

We caught on up on all the things she's been missing out on, and we just talked and talked.

• • •

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I checked the Caller ID and it was Hayley.

"Good morning beautiful," I say picking up the phone.

{Hayley's POV}

"Good morning beautiful," Carson said in his raspy morning voice as he answered my call.

"Mornin'," I smiled.

"I miss you already," he said.

I laughed, "You're so cheesy and all. I miss you too though."

He chuckled on the other end.

"Anyway, I was thinking of going on a little morning walk. Care to join?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. I loved his company.

"Umm, yeah, alright, I'll be over at your place in half an hour, okay?" He said in a weak morning tone.

"Okay, great, and bring your penny board," I said.

"I thought it was a walk?" He chuckled.

"Fine, you can walk while I'm meters ahead of you," I pouted.

He laughed, "no, no, I'll bring it, see you."

I smiled and he ended the call.

I walked to my closet and picked out some blue training shorts that reached up to mid-thigh, and a white tank-top, with my blue training shoes.

I then rushed to the garage and got my penny board. It had a striking orange board with bright blue wheels. It was pretty funky.

I picked up the penny board and went through the back door and into my house. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a banana, as I heard the doorbell go off.

"Bye Mom!" I yelled, grabbing my phone, money, and the board, and walking out.

"Hey gorgeous," Carson pecked me on my cheek.

I chuckled, "hey."

"Let's go," he said. We hopped onto our penny boards and skated away. We just skated around. We stopped at a little frozen yoghurt shop and bought some, before going back. We then skated to some park and hung out there for a few hours. By the time it was 6:30 pm, we started heading back.

"Race you!" I exclaimed and began skating off. He laughed and followed. Soon enough, I couldn't hear his board rolling across the ground. I looked back and he wasn't there. I began to panic. I turned the penny board round and skated off along the path we took. As I was skating, the only thing on my mind was Carson.

"Carson?" I yelled. I heard a little groan and I knew it was him. I rushed to where the noise was produced, and as I did, I skated across the road.

I paid no attention to anything besides Carson, and as I was getting closer to him, I heard a loud thud, and before I knew it, all I could see was pitch black.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

Dun dun duh

Oops, cliffhanger (sorry about that)

But yeah, here's chapter 21..  Hope you like it!!

Thanks for all the reads, ilysm 💗☺️