Chapter 24

{Carson's POV}

A cute giggle escaped her lips as I told her a joke. I walked along side Hayley through the park. She got out of the hospital last night. We were getting along well and she was very slowly remembering some things. So far, she remembered when John and Hayden talked to her about tour, when she met me at the airport and parts of concerts, meet and greets and tour bus moments. That was pretty much all she had so far of the most recent.

The thing was, she remembered her past, as a child and all that, it's just the most recent events she didn't remember. She still couldn't point out that we were dating. I wanted to tell her so bad and thought I would do it before she remembers. I want it to come from me, not from some dream or memory.

It was really hard not doing relationship kind of things. Everyone knew not to spill that we were in a relationship.

We stopped by a bench and took a seat. Hayley opened her phone and started scrolling through her pictures, when she finally began speaking.

"Why do I have more pictures with you than with anyone else?" She said as her eyes gazed into mine.

"I don't know, we just enjoy hanging out a lot and yeah, they're just cool," I said quickly. I was going to tell her soon, but I wanted it to feel special.

{Hayley's POV}

I looked into his beautiful eyes, waiting for him to answer my question. I felt such a close connection to Carson. I didn't know why, but I knew something was up. One thing I also knew, was that I liked him. I didn't know if I also liked him before the incident, but I knew for a fact that I was into him now.

I still new there was something he wasn't telling me, but I didn't want to rush it, or nag and annoy him. He'd tell when he's ready.

We got up and continued walking throughout the park, and I got a memory.

I was sitting up in the tree with Carson. He had his hand in mine. "Try not to fall," he laughed. I chuckled and before I knew it we were staring into each other's eyes and I knew I was mesmerized.

Before anything else happened in the memory, Carson interrupted it. "Are you okay?" He asked with a look of concern.

"Yeah, I was just remembering something. It was you and I. We were up in a tree," I explained.

His eyes widened, as if it was an alarm or timer for him to do or say something.

"Here we go," he took a deep breath. "Hayley, we need to talk," he hesitated.

"Sure, what about?" I asked innocently as he grabbed my hand and dragged me to a tree. He helped me up and we sat between the branches.

"This may surprise you and I wanted to tell you earlier, but I wanted you to feel comfortable or ready first," he began.

My heart started pounding. What was going on?

"Hayley, you and I are not just friends. We're not best friends either." He took another deep breath. "We're in a relationship."

Even though I wasn't so surprised, my jaw dropped.

"We - we are?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm so sorry for not telling you earlier," he began blabbing.

I put my hand on his and he just quieted. "It's fine, I get it," I said. "But does that mean we still are?" I asked.

He hesitated and shrugged, "only if you're okay with it." Worry was portrayed in his eyes and I felt bad.

"Umm, to be honest, I really like you, and more than just as a friend, and I'd love to be with you, but I think maybe we should just wait a little longer till I'm back to normal, or at least till I understand this whole atmosphere. I promise we'll be one day soon, I just think we need to take it in steps," I justified.

He looked down and nodded. "Alright, I get it," he said and tried leaning in for a hug.

Attempting not to fall, my arms wrapped around him and I melted. I can't wait for us to get together again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

Here it is! Chapter 24.

So extremely sorry for not posting anything, but it's just really tough with school. I'm really busy, especially a bit more in high school. Anyway, here.

Please tell me if you think I should fix anything!

Thanks for all the reads <3