Chapter 30

{Hayley's POV}

After another 3 days of being in the hospital, I was finally able to go home.

I entered the front door of my house and ran to my bedroom. I missed it. I know it's only been 4 days, but oh well.

I sat on my little beanbag and pulled out my phone. I clicked on Carson's name and sent him a text.

Me: Heyy

He replied not long after.

Carson 💗🙊: Hi, are you out?

Me: Yeah, can we hang out somewhere?

Carson 💗🙊: Park in 10?

I replied with a yes, but since I was already ready, I stayed on my phone. I scrolled back on the chats with him and was surprised, not remembering anything of what happened during that time.

Me: You coming?

Carson 💗🙊: No, can't make it.

Me: Tomorrow then?

Carson 💗🙊: Can't. Just forget it, I don't want to do this stupid video anymore.

I didn't  remember what that was about, but I was pretty sure it had something to do with my music video. I didn't  know why Carson did that, but it didn't matter, he probably had a reason.

After about 5 minutes, I got up, grabbed my phone and wallet and began walking to the park.

I arrived and found Carson sitting at a bench, waiting for me. I walked up to him and sat down right next to him.

"Hey," I smiled, looking into his eyes.

"Hi," he hesitated. He seemed pretty awkward about this.

"Is everything okay?" I asked quietly.

He nodded, "yeah, yeah."

I nodded and he stood up. I stood up beside him and we began walking through the park. We saw an ice cream stand ahead and decided to buy some. We ran over like little kids and Carson offered to pay for me. I accepted the offer and he did.

We slowly ate our ice creams as we left the park and began walking towards a carnival the ice cream man told us about.

Carson was still kind of keeping distant, or just staying close to himself and I thought I'd just shrug it off.

{Carson's POV}

I was such a mess. I didn't know what to do. Are we like together? Did she forgive me or does she not even remember us being apart? I felt rather awkward. I didn't know how to act.

I thought I'd ask her.

"Hey Hayley," I began, stopping in my tracks on the sidewalk. She stopped beside me and nodded for me to speak.

"Do you remember anything of what happened these past few months? You know, after the first accident?" I stuttered.

She shook her head. Oh, so she still thought we were together, good.

I knew I've been a complete jerk ever since that first incident of hers, and now I knew that I was wrong, extremely. I wanted to make it right, to be with her again. I knew it was wrong to be pretending to be with her, when the last thing we did was simply ignore each other, but I'd tell her soon, because either way, she's gonna remember it sometime. I had to tell her, but not today, not now.

We began going around the carnival, messing around when my eyes landed on hers, and we both leaned in for a kiss, which ended very well. God I missed the sweet taste of her lips on mine again. I missed this. I missed her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

I know this chapter is also short, but it's midnight if Christmas Eve. Basically, it's Christmas Day, or whatever. Anyway, I managed to write this little chapter with help of a few of you guys' ideas, so thank you so much for the suggestions 💗

A special shoutout and thanks to @daraghrolls for the idea of this chapter.. 👌

PS. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!