Chapter 23

{Carson's POV}

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing, only to find myself still in last night's outfit. I pick up my phone from the side table and immediately answered the call when I saw that it was from Hayley's mom.

"Carson? Hi," she said into the phone.

"Hi, Mrs. Gallen, is everything okay?"

"I don't know, come see for yourself, and get here as soon as possible," she said before hanging up.

I quickly changed to my blue khakis, a white shirt and my blue high tops. I fixed up my hair and rushed out.

When I arrived, I saw Johnny, Lauren and Jordyn waiting outside Hayley's room.

"Hey," I said, taking a breath.

"Hey dude," John bro-hugged me as I hugged them all.

"What happened? Is she alright?" I asked, still trying to catch my breath.

Just as those words came out my mouth, Mrs. Gallen came up to us with some chips in her hand, as she handed us each a bag. I thanked her and opens it up, waiting till the doctor came out.

Soon enough, a pretty average sized doctor walked out of Hayley's room and told us we could go in.

I rushed to the door and walked in. My eyes widened and my jaw-dropped as I sped up to the hospital bed, throwing my arms around Hayley, who was now, thankfully, awake.

"Oh my god, Hayley, you're okay!" I exclaimed.

She nodded but had a weird expression on her face. She doesn't remember?

I gave the doctor a look, asking if that was the case and he nodded. My head went down and I sat down.

"I'm sorry," I said. John, Lauren and Jordyn sat beside me and we all just sat there quietly, until I finally spoke up.

"Hey Hayley. I'm Carson, and this is Johnny, Lauren and Jordyn. We're all your best friends," I hesitated.

"And Hayley, I'm your mom," her mother said, placing a hand on hers. Hayley just looked around the room, or very aware of what was happening.

"Carson, can we talk to you outside?" Her mom said calmly. I nodded and we walked outside, shutting the door behind us.

"Carson," Mrs. Gallen began.

"Dude, why didn't you tell her that, you know, you're uh, together?" John blurted.

"Because, I.. I just don't want to give it straight forward. She just woke up from a coma and doesn't even remember me, I don't want to just suddenly shock her," I explained, and that's when I really realized that my own girlfriend doesn't remember me. This can't be. I hope she'll get her memory back.

We quietly walk back into the room. We sit there with a moment of silence until Hayley breaks it, "Can you guys maybe just like, tell me what happened?" She hesitated. It killed me to see her like this.

"Umm, well, I was with you, and we were penny boarding. As we were riding, you were ahead of me and didn't realize that I slipped off my board. When you did, you came back looking for me. A .. A car was passing by and a - accidentally almost hit you. You tried jumping away but tripped and hit your head on a large rock. Next thing, you were unconscious when I found you," I explained slowly and hesitantly. Her mouth formed the shape of an 'O'.

"How long was I out?" She asked quietly, slight fear portrayed in her eyes.

"About 5 days," Johnny said.

She just nodded and pure silence followed.

I just hoped old Hayley would be back soon, and everything would go back to normal.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

Heyy..

Sorry that I take long to upload, it's just that now with school, I don't have as much time as in the summer. I'll try my best, and here's the next chapter.

You guys can give me ideas of what you would like to happen or what you want to happen, if you think it'll improve this story..

Thanks for all the reads! Love you guys!!