Chapter 32

{Carson's POV}

It's been around three weeks into 2016 already, and about a month and a half since Hayley had that incident, and she still didn't know. I felt terrible, really, and I needed to tell her, but I didn't know when would be the right time. I just loved the idea of us back together so much that I don't want to lose the chance again.

I brushed off my thoughts as I grabbed my backpack and got into the car, heading back home from school.

{Hayley's POV}

School was over for the day, and it went rather well. I headed for basketball practice afterwords.

Everything was going well and we began playing a friendly match. I had the ball in my hand and I was running toward the hoop while dribbling the ball. When I was close enough to the board, I glanced upwards and my eyes landed on a familiar girl standing against the wall towards the corner. Then it hit me. I got a flashback, a memory.

I couldn't believe it, it couldn't be. Carson cheated on me. How could he? But, did we get back together?

As soon as practice was over, I rushed home and called Johnny. I asked him what it was like between Carson and I and he was completely honest. Apparently, we never made up. How could Carson do this? How could he betray me like that, and then pretend like nothing changed?!

A while later, I got a text from Carson, asking me to meet him at Starbucks. I went as is, and as soon as I got there, I saw Carson sitting at a table of two by the corner. I walked in and just sat down, not saying a word. Carson attempted to start conversations, but I didn't give in, not until I suddenly spilled at him.

"How could you?" I whispered at first. He just gave me a confused ok, asking if everything is okay. I shook my head.

"I got a flashback Carson, I know.. I know exactly how it was. You cheated on me, basically. You were a complete jerk, and asshole. And now, now you just take advantage of the fact that I got injured once again and I can't remember anything of what happened to me?! Thank you Carson. Thanks for getting my hopes too high," I sighed deeply and his eyes were wide open.

He began to open his mouth to speak, but I cut him. "Please, don't give me any excuses now, it won't fix anything. I can't believe it. I just thought I'd come here to let you know that your little secret isn't much of a secret anymore."

I stopped and there was a long silence, and at that moment I got another flashback. It was at the movies, and it was of Carson, and that same girl from the last flashback, they were kissing, again. I sighed and looked up slowly. "Sorry Carson, we can't be together anymore, at least not for now," I managed to say before walking out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

I know I took literally forever to do this, but here it is.

I know it's not even that long, but it's the best for now, and here you go guys, some drama.

Thanks for being so patient, ilysm, and thanks for all the reads 💘