Chapter 4

{Johnny's POV}

Hayley was bullied? But how? She was amazing, and anyone that didn't see that needed full therapy.

Wait, maybe that's why she was bullied, because they were jealous, I thought to myself.

"Excuse me, Mr. Orlando, but I believe you should be listening to me when I'm explaining the chapter. No time to daydream," my history teacher, Mr. Gilinsky, said sternly, and in a warning voice.

"Umm sorry Mr. Gilinsky," I snapped out of my daydream. I was too busy thinking about Hayley being bullied, and about everything she had told us this morning. I was also thinking of how to help her, which I was going to do, no doubt. Hayley deserved to share her talent. Hayden and I decided we were going to convince her into starting YouTube, and that we were going to do shout outs for her and have her in a few of our videos. Wait, our videos!

I drifted back off into my daydream, after answering a question Mr. Gilinsky set for me.

That was it! Hayden and I would have her collaborate in our new song together, and in the music video. As soon as the bell rang, considering it was the last class, I rushed to the elementary building and found Hayden, then we headed for the school gates, where we always met Hayley. After leaving the building, I explained my idea to him, and he agreed with it, so on the way home, we talked to Hayley about it.

{Hayley's POV}

"Sorry, but I don't think so. I really appreciate it, but eh," I shook my head, after they informed me of their plan.

"Hayley please," Hayden pleaded. "If you're not going to try and get over this now, when will you?"

"Never," I mumbled to myself in particular.

"Hayley, we'll be with you through this. If 'this' happens. You're not going to be made fun of. I have a few haters and look where I am. I don't let them get to me," Johnny tried convincing me.

"I don't either. I don't care what other say, but I was pissed at them. I wasn't really sad, I just didn't want to get annoyed any further. What he said never really got deep inside me, it just came to a really annoying point," I explained.

They nodded and continued the walk in silence. "Can you just think about it at least? We don't wanna push you to, but trust us, it's something you'll never regret going after," Hayden said.

"Alright, I'll think 'bout it," I said, coming to a stop in front of my house. "Thanks guys, and see ya," I smiled and walked up the porch and into my house. After lunch, I rushed to the studio and grabbed my laptop. I searched Johnny's channel, and the first song I found was 'Never Give Up'. I clicked on it, and watched the video. I realized this was just like my case, and I thought for really long, until I decided to give it a shot. I texted our group:

(M: Me, H: Hayden, J: Johnny)

M: Meet me at Starbucks? Need to talk xx.

J: Course, in ten?

H: Sure.

I walked to my bedroom and put my phone on the charger. I went to the closet and threw on a pair of denim shorts and a 5 Seconds of Summer sweater. I put on my Toms and put my hair down, brushing the ends. I then grabbed my phone, some money, and headed for the door.

Our houses were pretty close to many places, and when we went on our skateboards, we would get where we wanted even faster. I grabbed my skateboard from the backyard and rushed to the door. It was 6:31 when I arrived, just in time, or maybe a minute later. I scanned the room and found where Johnny and Hayden were seated. They already had three drinks in front of them. One was for me.

"Your usual," Hayden said in a gentleman-like voice.

"Thanks," I replied, taking a sip of the heavenly caramel frappe.

"So, what's this about?" Johnny asked, the look on his face showing how eager he was.

"I'm gonna do it," I said after taking in a breath.

"What is it?" Hayden asked, seeming dumbfounded.

"Don't be an idiot," Johnny chuckled and jokingly pushed Hayden.

"Oh, now I get it. Are you for real?!" He exclaimed.

I nodded. "Awesome!" Johnny yelled, clearly forgetting that we were in the middle of a cafe of some sort. He giggled and I did along.

"So, you wanna be in our next video?"

"What do you mean by 'our'?" I asked. I was now the dumbfounded one.

"Hayden and I are collabing for the next cover," Johnny explained. "And now, you're gonna be a part of it."

"What song?" I interrogated them.

"You can choose. We still didn't start recording. We're doing so tomorrow, once we decide on a song."

"Umm," I put on a thinking face. "How about See You Again by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth? Do you know it?" I suggested.

"Cool, I love that song!" Hayden said, and Johnny agreed.

"So it's settled?" I asked.

They both nodded, and Johnny told me that tomorrow, he would have his mother drive all three of us after school to the studios. After planning it out, we headed back home.

I opened the door, and found one of the very familiar faces that never failed to make me smile. "Dad!" I yelled with excitement and ran up to my dad, who was watching some baseball. "Hay!" He laughed, and pulled me into a hug. "You're finally back," I stated the obvious. My dad was traveling for the past three months and I didn't get to see him not once through out. I sat on the dining table and we all discussed what dad's been missing on. I told my parents what happened with Johnny and Hayden, and that I decided to join them.

"That's great honey!" Mom exclaimed.

"You'll be great," my dad continued. "Don't think about those idiots." The only people besides Johnny and Hayden who knew I was made fun of were my parents. They knew I was strong, and that what others said didn't matter, but they also knew that I didn't want to be annoyed anymore. I did stand up to myself towards the second semester, and luckily, the boy who bullied me, moved to New York. So, after he left, I gained confidence again. Except one thing, having doubts about standing out, because I didn't want to go through being annoyed any more.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(A/N)

Hey guys! Thanks for 60 reads.

If you're wondering, Carson will be introduced within the next two chapters, sorry!

I'll try my best to update really soon. Thanks for the reads! 💗