Breaking Point

The howl had echoed through the forest cause everyone to stand alert. "Was that a wolf? A-are there wolves out there?" I moved aside as Bilbo walked by looking out in the distance. "Wolves? No that is not a wold." Looking up I see the warg walk up snarling. I tried to yell but nothing came out, all I could do was stumble back and point. The animal snarled louder causing everyone turn around and try to move as it leapt forward nearly tackling on of the dwarves. Thorin raced down and slash his sword into the creatures neck. The dead animal now inches away from me. I couldn't believe it. No longer was it this amazing computer animated creature, but flesh and blood. Slowly I moved closer to the corpse when I heard the cries of the dwarves followed by the growling of the second warg. Kili ran next to me with his bow and arrow drawn and shot the warg down as Dwalin quickly finished it off.

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind!" Thorin struggled a bit as he retrieved his sword from the warg's neck.

"Orc pack?" I turned to Bilbo who stood close to Gandalf. "Who did you tell about your quest? Beyond your kin." Gandalf walked over to Thorin. "No one."

"Who did you tell?!" Thorin seemed taken a back for a bit. "No one I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?" Gandalf gazed out to make sure there were no other wargs around before glancing at Thorin.

"You are being hunted." Thorin's eyes widened with fear and confusion.

"We have to get out of here." Dwalin was right, if they didn't act soon, if Radagast didn't act soon, we would be in serious trouble.

"We cant!" Ori's shaky voice caught everyone's attention as he stumbled down the hill. "We have no ponies. They bolted." Radagast was quick to offer up his services. Gandalf rolled his eyes at suggestion. "These are Gundabad warts! They will out run you!" Radagast didn't back down as he walked towards Gandalf. "These are Rhosgabel rabbits." Gandalf did a double take at Radagast's statement and I watched as the brown wizards voice softened and his eyes twinkling with mischief. "I'd like to see them try."

Gandalf agreed before turning around. I watched as Radagast quickly made his way back to the his rabbit-pulled sled. Without another word, Radagast took off.

"Hurry, we won't have much time." Gandalf moved quickly up the path that Radagast had gone. I was surprised at how fast he moved for such an old wizard, but then remembered that being taller and having extremely long legs in comparison to the rest of us, it made sense that it would seem like he was moving fast. I laughed to myself as I realized how my little toy fox must feel when I walk him.

The howling of wargs in the distance was the cue that Radagast had managed to catch their attentions. I slowed down as Gandalf stopped. My heart was beating fast as I felt the adrenaline kick in. The sounds of panting reassured me that I wasn't the only one who wasn't great at running. Gandalf peaked around the rock, watching Radagast lead the wargs down the hill. Without letting everyone else catch up, Gandalf was on the move again. I watched as the dwarves quickly past the old wizard. Tired and in pain with each jarring step, I was once again in the back of the group.

As Thorin and the others stopped in their track, I quickly turned around knowing that we would have to change directios. Thorin, Ori and Kili quickly pass me up. I follow them to the familiar rock formation, and fall against the surface. "Ori no!" Trying to catch my breath, I turn my head to see Thorin pull Ori back. I didn't rest long, as I heard the warg dogs pass by and Gandalf urging us to move fast.

Looking behind I see the orc pack disappear. A quick push from behind and I look back to find Gloin. "Come on!" Quickly I match his speed as we follow the rest of the group. My legs are burning and I struggle to keep an even breath, but no longer is my mind on the bruises. Fear of getting caught or falling too far behind kept me from stopping. Up ahead there is a triangular shaped boulder. My eyes widened as I ran closer to it. This is where the orc pack is alerted of their location.