Chapter 13

We walked in the door to see Octavia, Luke and Michael all staring at me.

"What?"

"Uh, uh-your-ah-um" Luke stuttered around trying to get the words out

I furrowed my eyes in confusion and Looked at Calum,

Same expression.

"What!?"I repeated a little louder.

"This is gonna sound crazy but your phones been ringing"

"well did you answ-" that's as far as I got until I heard Happy Song by Bring Me The Horizon playing through my phone.

"I'm surprised the power lines are still up" I heard Michael say as I walked over to the phone.

Parker.

"Oh My God"

I remember charging my phone before I left my house when we still had power, I never touched the phone to save the battery in case anything like this would happen.

"Parker!!" I answered.

"Oh my god it worked! ALEX! It's so good to hear your voice"

"I missed you so much" I cooed.

I heard Calum huff behind me.

"Alex, Listen. Where are you?"

"Safe" I promised "I have a camp"

"Are you still in Atlanta?" Parker asked his voice sharp and seemed tired.

"No, we got out. We are in Brooks on Carson Rd. Why?" I was really confused.

"I was flying down for your birthday to see you when all this went down, and the plane landed in Jacksonville instead of Atlanta. I was about to tell you but my phone died. So when I finally made it to Atlanta, I went inside the hospital and the power was still on so I charged my phone there and went to your house to look for you but you weren't there."

"Where are you now?" my body was trembling.

"Well here's the issue. A herd came along when I was at yours and one hit a car and the alarm went off so I'm stuck here. There's not many but I have three bullets left but it's not enough."

My Heart sunk. I needed Parker; he was my only friend since I was born.

"Don't leave my house; we are coming to get you. I promise!"

"Okay. Love you Ally."

"I love you too" I smiled.

I heard a crash behind me and Luke telling Calum to calm down.

"We'll be there soon" I croaked

"Bye"

"Bye..." I whispered.

The line went dead.

I turned around to see a very pissed Calum.

"Who is Parker!?" He hissed "And why should we go get him?"

I gave him a look of disgust.

"He's my best friend Calum, and we ARE going and getting him because he is my a big brother to me"

He face turned back to calm.

"I tried to tell you" Octavia boasted.

Calum shot her a glare.

He walked up to me and wrapped me in a hug "I'm sorry"

I smiled and planted a kiss on his lips. "Enough! We gotta head back to my old place"

"Why?" Michael asked

"Parker is there, herd surrounding him. I'll explain on the way. Grab guns and ammo, we are heading out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------