A Part in the Play

Massie smiled happily. It was the day that her sunburn could not be seen. It was the day that she was able to wear her designer clothes. It was the day that Olivia might see the real her.
Massie stopped smiling and started frowning. Now that she thought of it, she needed the perfect outfit to impress Olivia. Massie opened her wardrobe and examined it for a while.
She finally decided on a red high neck ruffled Burberry top, a white mini skirt from Alice  + Olivia, a navy and white blazer from Dior, white tights, silver and black cone heels from Jimmy Choo, white leather gloves, and a white beanie.
Massie also sprayed Chanel No.5  and wore a white pea coat to complete the look. "I wish I had a blowout," Massie eyed her hair. She brushed it and then let her brunette hair lay on her back. "Massie, honey, you'll be late!" Kendra called.
"Coming!" Massie grabbed her white Neiman Marcus handbag, and walked to school.
She could feel all eyes on her as she strutted down the hall. Heads turned, lockers shut, and gasps sounded. Then Massie saw her challenger. Olivia.
Olivia was wearing a pink cashmere Hermès scarf around her neck, a white Seven Jeans, light pink Jimmy Choo boots, a black and white polka dotted blouse, and raspberry flavored lip gloss. Olivia's hair was in a wavy, side pony tail.
"Wow! We totally love your outfit!" Wendy and Courtney squealed. Olivia didn't look happy.
"Thanks!" Massie grinned.
"We totally love the blazer, the top, the shoes, the gloves, the coat, and the beanie!" Courtney approved.
Massie tried to act nonchalant about it.
"Oh, whatever. It was only $345 dollars," Massie shrugged, which made the girls' eyes widen.
"Come on girls. Let's not waste time on Rashie," Olivia rolled her sparkly  emerald green eyes," after all, you know what they say:  copying is a type of flattery."
Massie's cheeks heated as she angrily squinted. Olivia was so dead.
The hall erupted into laughter as Olivia and her cronies walked away, triumphant.
"I'll get you, one way or the other," Massie seethed.
"Hey, Mass!" Sarah smiled," you look different!"
"Whateves," Massie spun around. She walked away from Sarah, not in the mood to deal with LBRs.
"Mass, wait!" Sarah ran after Massie, who was walking into a bathroom.
"What? And what are you wearing?!" Massie checked Sarah out.
Sarah's black curls bounced as she moved her head, and her hazel-green eyes flashed. Her tan skin was glowing but Sarah's outfit ruined her beauty.
Sarah was wearing red faded glory jeans, an American flag themed short-sleeved shirt, a black camisole underneath, and red converse all-stars. Sarah was also wearing red, white, silver, gold, and blue bangles on one arm and a brown wrist watch on the other. Sarah also wore a blue jean jacket that was long sleeved.
"Well, your outfit looks way better than yesterday's outfit," Massie nodded," anyways, you never answered my first question: what do you want?"
"Don't be rude. We're friends!" Sarah fake pouted," besides, I wanted to know if you were joining the school play."
"I'm not joining it," Massie sighed.
"Why not? It's fun! Gordon, Mark, Wendy, Olivia, Courtney, and I all have parts in it so far," Sarah threw her hands up in the air. "Um......let me think," Massie  bit her lip.
She closed her eyes and pictured herself having fun and hanging out with Olivia, Courtney, and Wendy.
"Alright, fine, I'll do it!"
Massie declared.
"Great! You need to see Mr. Harvey or email him!" Sarah beamed.
"Ok, bye then!" Massie waved happily. She walked out the bathroom grinning from ear to ear. Watch out Olivia, Massie Block is coming your way! Massie thought as she walked down the hall.
"Omfph!" Massie cried as she was thrown off balance. Something or someone had bumped into her!
Massie heard someone cry "woah!" before falling beside her. Massie stood up quickly, hoping her outfit was alright. Then she turned the person's way. "M-M-Mark?" Massie stuttered, shocked.
"Massie?" Mark said, quickly getting up. "Oh, sorry," Massie blushed. She wanted to re-gloss.
I hope my lips aren't dry. Is my hair alright? Do I have dirt on me? Did my beanie slant?
A million of thoughts rushed into her head. Massie felt a little light headed. Massie was suddenly aware of Mark waving his hand in front of her face.
"Huh?" Massie snapped out of her daze.
"I was asking if you were alright," Mark said. "Yeah, I'm fine," Massie tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Um, bye then?" Mark shrugged, walking away.
Massie, however, stood there stunned.
She giggled a little. Mark's weird,
Massie smiled.
She hurried to class just as the bell rang. Maybe this day won't be so bad, Massie thought.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Massie gulped down her Sanga. She was in the library, sitting at a table located at the back. Once Massie slurped up her Sanga, she put on caramel-Apple spice flavored lip gloss and made her way to a computer.
She logged on to her email and emailed Mr. Harvey.
From: MASSIEKUR
To: ActorHarvey
Hello Mr. Harvey. I wanted to ask about the play, At First Bite. Can I be wardrobe manager? I've heard that there was a spot empty for that!
Thank you,
   Massie 💝

Massie read over her email twice before clicking the send button.
My job here is complete, Massie thought.
She stood up ever so neatly, and walked out of the library, smiling wide.
Watch out New York, Massie thought as her heels click-clacked, here comes Massie Block!
_______________________
Hey guys, I updated this chapter in a day since I didn't have a lot of  homework! Anyways, how'd this chapter go? Did you like it? Please  vote, comment, and read.
- Kitty