Prologue

Massie Block stood in front of her mother, arms crossed across her chest, in her huge white and lavender room. "Mom, you can't be serious!" Massie was saying. "Honey, Please be reasonable," Kendra Block tried to convince her very angry daughter. "Me? Reasonable? You're the one who needs to be reasonable!" Massie cried out of frustration. Kendra frowned. "Massie," she said warningly. "But mom, it's not fair! I mean, why are we moving?" Massie threw her arms up. "We are moving because I lost my job," Kendra calmly explained to Massie. "So are we....p-p-poor?" Massie stuttered. "Yes, but I have been offered another job that pays more than the job I had a few days ago," Kendra said quickly. "Yes!" Massie smiled to herself. "I have already accepted this job, but.." Kendra's voice trailed off. "But what?" Massie demanded. "The job is in New York, specifically Manhattan," Kendra explained sadly," that means we have to move from California." "EH MA GAWD!!!" Massie fanned her face. "Aren't you being dramatic, honey?" Kendra frowned a little. "NO, I'll tell you what's dramatic! Dramatic is losing your friends! Dramatic is losing your shopping spree! Dramatic is Starbucks shutting down! Dramatic is having your father die and being raised by your mother!" Massie shot back. Kendra gasped and looked down. Massie gasped in surprise. "I'm sorry mom for bringing up dad's death," Massie said hugging her mom. "It's just...I miss him so much!" Kendra said, sobbing a little. "I do too," Massie wiped a tear from her cheek. In case you didn't know, Massie Block's father died in a car accident four months ago. It was hard for Kendra to raise Massie alone but she managed. Once Kendra collected herself, she gave Massie look of sadness and said," pack up Massie, we only have a month before our plane flight." And with that Kendra spun around on heels of her Michael Kors pumps and walked out of Massie's room. Massie laid on her bed, trying hard not to cry. "I can't buh-lieve  this," Massie whispered,"I can't buh-lieve this." And with that, Massie pulled out her diary to write her state of union.
           State of Union
In Out
New York                        California
Mothers                            Fathers
Moving                              Staying put
_______________________
So, how'd this chapter go? Did you like the shocker (Massie's father dying) ? I know Massie doesn't live in California but this is a fanfiction so here goes nothing. Please vote, and comment about your opinions.
P•S: I promise more longer chapters.
- Kitty