Chapter 62

Ed's POV:

I was already dressed by the time Skye woke up. I saw her eyes flicker open as her hand rested on her forehead as she let out a groan. "That lad was a prick..", she mumbled softly, kicking off the duvet. "I know", I said, making her jump. She wiped the sleep from her eyes, sitting up. "Ed I'm sorry, I was drunk, It was a stupid mistake", she said, trying to catch my attention. I pulled my suitcase out of the cupboard and started packing.

"I'm going up to New Zealand for 2 days, got some gigs there..", I said, ignoring her previous comment. "It's probably for the best..", she mumbled, making me drop the clothes I had in my hand. "What? You're not coming?", I asked, turning to look at her. "I might just stay down here, let you clear your head..". She didn't want to come with me? I hadn't done anything wrong! It was her! "Stop being stupid Skye, just come with me". She jumped up out of bed, "So I'm stupid now?". I scowled and just went back to my packing. I hated it when we argued, even though we rarely ever did it. She was angry at me and I hadn't even done anything wrong. She was the one that kissed that stupid bar man. "Well I'll be back in 2 days", I said, zipping up my case. She just shrugged, "Alright".

Why was she being so stubborn all of a sudden. I was willing to forgive her but she sort of just turned on me. "I take it I can't make you change your mind?", I questioned, but she just shook her head. "I'll be going now..", I said, taking one last glance at her. "See ya", she mumbled, stepping backwards as if to say I wasn't going to get anymore then that. It hurt me like a slap round the face. I sighed and walked out the door and down the stairs, into the taxi. "Airport please", I said, clutching my bag tightly as it really was the only thing I had to hold..

The room was massive, or at least it felt like it. The double bed felt like the size of a football pitch as I lay down looking up at the ceiling. I was lonely. Already lonely and feeling guilty. I should have persuaded her more. I missed Skye, I needed to be there to look after her. But instead I was here, hating myself and probably being hated by Skye, while she was all on her own. I pulled the duvet over myself and curled up at the edge of the bed, and after hours of constant tossing and turning, I finally fell asleep.