34

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed, please consider giving it a vote. :)

--

"Hold on to my hand and pray. You'll find my heart one day. Fight your way through these walls that I've built so tall. [When] I look around and see, it's you that has the key."

-Stay With Me, Diamond Eyes ft. Christina Grimmie

Nagising siya kinaumagahan na basa. Well, not totally. Gusto niyang mainis at magalit dito pero nung nakita niya ito ay hindi maiwasang lumambot ng puso niya.

It was as if the facade of doubts and the walls she built so tall around her heart due to her past relationship had started fading and crumbling.

She didn't knew if that was a good or a bad thing. Was it a bad thing because at any moment she might get hurt again or a good thing because he might be the one who would really make her happy?

There was this notion that says we build walls around our hearts not to keep people out but to see who would be willing to climb it just to be with you. But is that really true for her?

Not having an answer, she gave out an exasperated sigh. There's no point in thinking of that, she thought. There are more important things to do.

--

She tried cooking sopas and arrozcaldo for breakfast. The arrozcaldo ended up in the disaster. Nag-swimming lang iyong kanin sa mainit na tubig. Thankfully, she had decided to cook 2 recipes. The sopas was at least bearable, if not decent.

Kumuha na rin siya ng gamot para kay Jeron.

Nang makapunta na siya sa itaas ay nakita niya itong nakaupo, kinukusot ang mata habang nakatingin sa kawalan.

When he saw her, napangiti ito. "Good morning." bati nito sa kanya.

He had been giving her creeps the last few days. Nagugulat siya sa biglaang pag ngiti nito sa kanya. Naalala niya noon e nandidiri pa ito sa kanya. He wouldn't even smile at her nor look at her. Now, he was acting like he never felt disgust towards her.

Siguro nandiri ito sa kanya noon dahil sa paghahabol niya kay Axel, which in all circumstances was indecent for a woman to do. Baka nag-mukha siyang desperada sa mga mata nito.

She pushed the thought away as she approached him. "Eat up," she said, "It's not the best tasting sopas out there but at least bearable. Pagkatapos uminom ka na rin ng gamot." she added, as she was feeling his temperature by putting the back of her hands at his forehead.

"Okay lang. I don't have panlasa naman." he answered.

She nodded and was about to leave when he spoke again. "Hey, can you feed me?"

Hindi niya maiwasang mamula sa request nito. Iba kasi ang pumasok sa isip niya. "Huh?" she turned around to look and saw him smiling.

Wrong move, shit! she thought.

Nag-pout pa ito sa kanya. "Please? I can't lift my arms." sabi pa nito habang sinusubukang itaas ang mga kamay.

Pinanlisikan niya ito. "Anong hindi e nagawa mo ngang umupo!" masungit na sagot niya.

"But I feel weak again."

She grunted, leaving her no choice. "Fine!"

--

Ngiting-ngiti ito. Siya naman ay inis inis. He was clearly using his sickness to make fun of her. Kung hindi nga lang ito nagkasakit ay binatukan na niya ito.