35

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed, please consider giving it a vote. :)

--

They were looking at each others eyes for a long time right after she was left speechless by what he just said. She wanted to cry because that moment felt so perfect. Slowly but surely, the doubts were moving away from her heart.

And for a moment, she wanted to be happy for a change. She wanted to be free from her former self... free from her past ...

That's when she felt her cheeks moisten ... all the tears that she have kept so long have finally came out.

"Jeron..." she said whilst crying.

His face shifted from a smile to a look of worry. "Hey... are you okay?" He stood up and hesitantly came closer to her.

She nodded. "Y-Yes, I am." she said as she was wiping the tears that won't just stop from falling.

He looked skeptical. "Then why are you crying?"

She tried to smile amidst crying, "It's because I'm just so lucky to have you... I have never believed in love and definitely was never a fan of true love, first kiss, serendipity, magic and all that shit. I never believe that someone was willing to be with me.. but then you happened."

Jeron grabbed her and gave her a hug. "No. I am the one who is lucky."

--

Umalis na siya bago pa siya pakiusapang tumambay nito. Siguradong kapag nangyari iyon ay mahirap nang kumawala rito. It would be hard to continue her job if he was there to pester her, in a good way of course.

She wouldn't be able to fulfill Kat's request if he was there because she knew that he would disrupt her concentration and focus. Specially now because of what happened earlier. She hates being that close to him. Sure, it feels good to be around him but most of the time... she feels awkward around him lalo na ngayong inamin niya sa sarili niya na nagkakagusto na siya rito.

And also, she didn't want Kat to see Jeron. Paniguradong tutuksuhin na naman siya nito. Natural na matuksuhin kasi ito. Tsaka baka sabihan pa sila ng mga tao sa cafe ng malandi. She doesn't like it when people calls her that even if it was used as a joke.

Speaking of which, naghuhugas siya ng pinggan ng biglang dumating ang kaibigan. Kat gave her a smile, a mischievous one, "Hey there, woman." Sa ngiting iyon, alam na niya ang sasabihin ng kaibigan. It was Jeron. She should've known that she will have seen him one way or another. She just sighed inwardly. "Some customer wants to order you for dessert." nakangising sabi nito sa kanya.

Her jaw almost fell to the ground with her friends' statement, "Huh?! What are you talking about?! Baliw ka talaga!" she replied.

Kat eyed her suspiciously. "Ikaw ha. You didn't tell me you brought him along. I thought he was sick?"

She continue washing the plates, "Nope. I didn't. He came here on is own," she explained, "Ikaw pa nga 'yung nagsabi na may customer sa table 8, e. Duhh..."

Her friend gave her a look of confusion. "But the person on that table wasn't him! The person who came earlier was dressed really weird kaya nagulat na lang ako nang biglang si Jeron 'yung pumalit dun sa table. Hmm.... maybe that weird customer left without ordering."

Mika rolled her eyes. "That was Jeron. He was just dressing up na balot na balot kasi nga may lagnat siya, 'di ba?"

Kat did the same thing with her eyes, "Whatever. Anyways... you need to attend to your boyfriend. He's asking—ordering, rather, of you."