Chapter 31

I re read the note over and over again, until reality hits me. And it hits me hard. I made bad decisions, I admit it, but he doesn't need to take MY baby. I lay on the floor and feel tears run down my cheeks. How I wish Luke was here right now. If he wasn't an idiot and cheated, this would have never happened. Jude would still be here, we would still be together, and in 2 weeks we would be together as a family again. What am I gonna tell Luke in a week and a half - 2 weeks? 'Child services took our baby because I was out drinking every night'? No. I can't tell him that. I need to find Jude and get him back before Luke gets here. 

___________

I call Maggie after 3 hours and a half of me crying on the floor while holding Jude's sleeping blanket. When Maggie answers the call, I begin to explain everything to her, but break down once again. I hear her say a quick 'I'll be there in a minute' before she hangs up the phone'. I look at the box I have with all the money Luke keeps sending me for me and Jude, from after he cheated, in a corner at the back of a drawer. Just when I was about to reach for it, and burn it, along with every memory of Luke away from my brain and life, I hear my apartment door open. I turn around and see Maggie standing there. She drops her bag and rushes to my side. She hug me tightly, and for a second it feels like Luke's arms. That just makes me cry even more. I miss him. I miss Luke so much. And Jude. God I miss them both so much. I cry on Maggie's chest as she holds me tight. When I stop she asks me to explain everything, but I just simply hand her the letter. She reads it and finish reading it she hugs me tighter. 'It's gonna be okay. We'll find them and I'll beat his ass' She whispers in my ear over and over again. When I calm down once again she helps me stand up and into the bathroom. I decide to call Luke and say sorry before he gets here. 

Luke's POV

I hear my phone ring and I look at the caller ID. Emma. I frown confused at the phone and quickly pick it up. 

''Hello?'' I say in the phone and I hear mumbling on the background. All I get to understand is 'I shouldn't have called him' and my hearts sinks. 

''Hey Luke'' I hear the sweet voice of Emma say. I missed that voice. I missed it a lot. It feels so weird o hear it again, an unfamiliar feeling rises in my stomach and it feels like nothing has changed.. For a second, until I hear her cry. She composes herself quickly and takes a long breath. 

''I'm sorry Luke. I'm really sorry. Goodb-'' She starts saying but I quickly cut her off.

''Wait Emma there's something I need to tell you. I love you, a lot. Please please forgive me. I know I did something bad, a mistake, but I know I can make it right. You don't answer my calls nor texts. Its like we're as close as strangers now. I love you too much to be just that'' I start to say and need to fight back the tears that are threatening to spill out my eyes as I speak, and vent out all my emotions and feelings towards Emma, to Emma. I wait impatiently as I hear her unsteady breathing on the other end of the line telling me that she wants to cry just as bad as I want. ''Don't cry Emma. I'm not telling you all this to make you cry. I'm telling you so that you know that you and Jude are the-'' I start to say but stop when I hear her loudly sob. Whats wrong? I begin to worry. Did something happen to either of them? Or worse.. To both of them.''Emma baby what's wrong?'' I start to say then I realize I just called her baby. ''I'm sorry. The baby just comes natura-' 

''Stop Luke. I can't do this. WE can't do this. Not now... Not ever'' And with that she hangs up the phone. I dial her back but it goes straight to voicemail. 

On the phone I can tell that you wanna move on. Through the tears I can hear that I shouldn't have gone. Everyday it gets harder to stay away from you... 2 months since I went away, and to know everything has changed, but tomorrow I'll be coming back to you.. 

----------------------

SORRY ITS SO SHORT. MY MOM TOOK MY PHONE AWAY AND ITS MUCH HARDER FOR ME TO WRITE ON A COMPUTER. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK LUKE MEANS BY 'TOMORROW I'LL BE COMING BACK TO YOU'?