Chapter 5

My heart just stopped. Damon & Dylan. Kill me.

I know a lot of you have been asking me for long chapters but I write until I get blocked or there's a cliff hanger. And because I know how boring long chapters are because I HATE long chapters, but I will being to try and make chapters larger but I think maybe in a few chapters more there's gonna be a HUGE chapter because there's gonna happen something that's gonna leave you like WOW. Well, thanks for understanding!!

Love, Duni

When you've been fighting for it all your life, when you've been struggling to make things right, that's how a superhero learns to fly -Superheroes (The Script)

Luke's POV

As soon as we walk in the building i realize it's white and silver. Everything. We walk to the secretary girl and tell her we're 5 Seconds of Summer and we're here for 1D. She just nods, smiles, and points at an elevator in the end of the hallway telling us that it's floor 29.

When I set foot in floor 29 I stand there in shock. It was so different than the lobby. It had band posters on the walls and it was full of life and color. I start walking down the hallway but push my back against the wall when I see a blonde guy running my direction. I recognized him as soon as I saw him. His blue eyes, blonde hair, and irish voice. The one and only, Niall Horan.

"SUP CRAZY MOFOS?!?!" He screamed while running and disappeared after a turn.

"NIALL! We need to rehearse!" I heard someone else scream behind me and I turn my head to find a brown haired boy running the same direction Niall did, but stops as soon as he saw us. Liam Payne stopped to see us, 5SOS.

"Hey!" He greets us with a wide smile.

"Hey" Me and boys greet back, and he starts running again. They come back after a minute.

"Hey!" Niall practically screamed.

"Hey" Me and the boys said with a smile plastered on our faces.

"So you must be 5 Seconds of Summer? Come with us. We were waiting for you guys! We're about to start rehearsing" Liam says and starts guiding us to a HUGE room, that had something like a cabin and inside it there was Zayn, Harry, and Louis.

"So. We have a lot to do" Liam says while rubbing his hands together.

Emma's POV

*New Mail*

My phone informed me. I tap it and start reading it.

Hey Mrs. Beers,

We're writing you to inform you that the investigation department has found a journal in the remains of the World Trade Center catastrophe. This journal belonged to your dad. If you want to have it, please present yourself at the New York City Police Department to retire it.

Thanks for your time,

NYC Police Department.

I stare at the E-Mail wide eyed, mouth hanging open, and tears streaming down my face. I go to the nearest airport web page and book a ticket for the first flight to New York. I have 16 hours. I pack everything and head to the airport. I know I still have 16 hours but I don't wanna be here when my mom gets home.

+~+~+~+~+~

~Please all the passengers for the fight 23 to New York City go to the gate 6. Thank you.

A woman announced through the speakers. I go to check my passport and passage and walk in the airplane.

New York. I haven't been here for nearly 5 months.

+~+~+~+~+~

"Please buckle yourself" A flight attendant told me while touching my shoulder and I woke up.

The plane finally landed and I went directly to check in the hotel I stayed with Luke 4 months back. Luke. I shake the thought out if my head and go to get checked in. I got my room key and went to floor 14 and to my room. 11:47. I drop my bag, take out a pair of pjs and hoped in bed.

+~+~+~+~+~

I wake up and check the clock. 9:15. Perfect timing. I jump out of bed and head to the shower. I take a quick shower and get dressed. Today I'm wearing a Nasa grey shirt that Calum got for me, a pair of jeans and black converse.

I head to the police department and take the journal. I decide to go to Central Park. When I arrive, I sit on a bench and start reading it.

January 27, 2000

Today it's Emma's 6 birthday and it hurts to be away. I just ended face timing with her and when I saw her expression when I said goodbye shattered my heart in a million pieces. I wish I could be besides her. Her mom has sent me a lot of pictures but it's not the same thing. In the pictures she actually looks a little happy and I'm happy for that, but I'm mad that I can't be there to watch her being happy.

I close the journal not being able to read more. My view was blurry and my cheeks were soaking wet. I walk to the Twin Towers memorial and buy flowers in the way.

When I arrive and head to my father's one I'm frozen. There's someone there also. I start walking faster until I'm behind her.

"Hey" I said and she turned around with her cheeks as wet as mine were.

"Hey" She answered quietly and headed back to the stone with my fathers name craved on it.

"Um.. Who are you?" I ask her curious and she turns again to look at me with a confused and annoyed look on her face.

"I'm his daughter. Who are you?" She asks me and I just stand there without blinking. My heart raised and my anger did too.

"I'm his daughter" I answered and she looked at me confused and in shock. Just like I was.