Love Is Easy

The journey to Dougie's was nearly an hour long. They finally arrive and Dougie takes off his seat belt before turning to Ellie.

"Would you like to come in for a cup of tea before your long journey back?" Dougie asks. "Absolutely" she replies.

They both get out of the car and head to Dougie's front door. Once they enter Dougie's flat, he takes off his jacket and puts his keys on the counter in the kitchen. Ellie walks slowly as she admires the room.

"Make yourself at home, I'm just going to get changed out of last night clothes" Dougie says walking into the other room.

Ellie takes off her coat and sits on the couch to see a little taxidermy crow in the corner of the room. "You like taxidermy?" Ellie shouts to Dougie in the other room.

Dougie walks out with his shirt off to see what Ellie was asking about. Ellie sat there amazed by the muscles and tattoos.

"Oh yeah, sorry if you find it a bit creepy, I find taxidermy really interesting." Says Dougie while putting a clean shirt on.

"Are you kidding, I love taxidermy too." Said Ellie.

"Really" Dougie asked amazed.

"Yeah it reminds me of home in the countryside. Did you not notice the taxidermy rabbit in my living room?" Ellie said giggling.

"No sorry I was distracted by the blonde beauty sitting opposite me at the breakfast table."

He smirks and walk back into the kitchen. Ellie blushes and looks down to her shoes embarrassed.

Dougie walks back with two cups of tea, he gives one to Ellie and then sits down next to her. "Thank you" Ellie says still blushing slightly.

He looks at her blushing face and has a flashback to the spotty brown haired teen breaking down in front of him as she met her idol. Dougie stares at Ellie as she holds her cup with both hands and takes small sips of her tea. Dougie thinking to himself "She's brilliant, I really like her, I wonder if she likes me?" Ellie looks up at Dougie remembering all the muscle under his t-shirt, wishing he would take it off again.

"So a vegan who likes taxidermy, that's different." Says Dougie.

"Yeah I haven't always been a vegan it's a sort of new thing. But I have always had a passion for taxidermy. I rarely get to go back home because I'm always on tour." Ellie replies smiling then looking back at the taxidermy crow in the corner of the room.

Ellie and Dougie stare at each other, Dougie thinks to himself "SHIT NOWS YOUR CHANCE KISS HER!" He leans in for the kiss, Ellie leans in too. Their lips were seconds from toughing... When Ellie's phone buzzes on the table. They pull back and say at the same time

"FOR FUCKS SAKE"

They look at each other and laugh as Ellie checks her phone. It's Hannah.

"Oh bugger Doug, I have to be at the studio. I can't wait to see you again, errr here's my number" Dougie and Ellie exchange number.

She grabs her coat and bag and heads towards the door, Dougie follows behind her. She opens the door and turns around

"Until next time Douglas"

Dougie brings his hand to her chin and softly kisses Ellie on the lips

"Until next time Elena."

The only thought going through Ellie's mind is "Fuck, fuck, I've just kissed Dougie fucking Poynter! Oh my god this is fucking happening." She lets out a giggle and walks towards her car. She gets in and waves goodbye to Dougie before driving away.