I See Red

After a couple of pictures, Ellie and Dougie left the basketball game to go to the bowling after party. On the journey there Dougie received a text from McBusted's manager, Fletch. They were the tour dates for the next two months. Ellie turned to see an annoyed look on his face

"What's wrong Doug?" Ellie asked concerned.

He looked up from his phone. "My manager has added another two months of tour dates!" He said pissed off.

"Are you serious? But you're meant to finish at the end of March." Ellie replied.

"You don't think I fucking know that!" Dougie shouted at Ellie.

"Hey, don't get angry with me, this isn't my fault! I'm not the one leaving you!" Ellie shouted back! Dougie stopped and looked at Ellie who was nearly crying.

"You're right. I'm sorry Ells."

He leaned over and put his arm around Ellie's shoulders and kissed her forehead.

"I don't want my career to take over, but sometimes it has too. I can't let the others down. They have a life they have to leave as well." He said softly.

Ellie didn't say anything. She sat there staring out the window refusing to make eye contact with Dougie. They finally arrived, at the bowling alley. Ellie was about to get out of the car but Dougie quickly grabbed her arm so she couldn't move.

"Hey Ellie"

She turned and finally looked at him.

"I love you." he said, his eyes widen.

Ellie didn't reply she pulled away from Dougie and got out the car slamming the door behind her. Dougie quickly got out to follow her. Once they were in, they were greeted by Cara who already got there.

"Hey you're here, come over to the others" Cara said.

Ellie didn't move she quickly turned around to face Dougie. She hugged him

"I love you too" she replied.

He hugged her and they shared a moment of affection. They then went over to see the others.

"I have to remind you Doug, I'm absolutely terrible at bowling" Ellie laughed

"What? With arms like those, dude you must be awesome at it."

Ellie picks up a bowling ball, takes a deep breath and hurls it across the bowling alley. The ball veers off to the left only hitting one pin.

"See I told you" Ellie says to Dougie as she sits with Cara.

Dougie takes Ellie's hand and another bowling ball. 

"You're doing it all wrong Ells."

He hands the ball to Ellie, stands behind her and puts his arms around hers, guiding her on how to throw the bowling ball. They both tow the ball together and it's a strike. Ellie and Dougie high five each other and hand in hand go sit down. After a couple rounds Ellie is in the lead she's just done her 3rd strike

"Haha in your face Dougie!" Ellie jokes as she passes Doug.

"Y'know I wish I hadn't shown you how to bowl now you're a pro." Dougie laughs as Ellie rolls her eyes.

Dougie's phone begins to ring, he picks it up whilst Ellie and Cara go to get some food from the snack bar.

"Hey Doug, its Danny. Err sorry but we need an emergency band rehearsal. We just have too many dates in so little time, do you think you can make it for 7?"

Dougie pauses and looks over at Ellie.

"Danny" Dougie sighs "You guys have picked the worst moment, I'm on a date with Ellie, can't this wait until morning." Dougie asks.

"Nah mate we have to get started now." Danny replies.

"Alright I'll be there" Dougie hangs up and puts down his phone.

Ellie and Cara return with some veggie burgers. Ellie can see Dougie looks distressed and begins to worry. She sits down next to him

"Dougie is everything ok?"

"No Ells, Danny just called we have an emergency band meeting in an hour and I really have to be there. I'm so sorry I have to leave you like this" Dougie explains as he puts his hand on her knee. Ellie forces Dougie's hand off her

"It's okay, its fine I mean your band has to always come first right, just go me and Cara will be okay here."

Dougie grabs his jacket and kisses Ellie on the cheek.

"See you soon" he says

"Yeah when you're done, you can stay at mine if you want." Ellie suggests

"That sounds great, I'm gonna try and get out of this rehearsal as quick as I can"

Ellie looks up at Dougie with her big brown eyes

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He kisses her and leaves, whilst Ellie and Cara finish the game. Cara drives Ellie home and Ellie gets a romantic dinner ready for Dougie's return. However the hours continue to go past without any contact from Dougie.

Before Ellie knows it, its 2 am and Dougie still hasn't shown up, called or text. Ellie takes a bottle of wine.

"Fuck it" She says as takes a swig from the bottle and sits down to watch Geordie Shore.