Foolish

A couple of days had past since Ellie last heard from Dougie, she had begun to get really concerned. Dougie hadn't replied to any of Ellie's messages or answered her calls. She even messaged everyone in his band and their wives. No one had heard from him. Dougie was literally gone.

Ellie had a small gig in Ireland the next day, which she needed to leave for in 10 minutes to make it in time for her flight, but all she could think about was Dougie. She sat on her sofa, in silence in deep thought, thinking only worse of what could've happened to him. Suddenly her phone began to ring, Ellie frantically grabbed it and answered.

"DOUGIE?!" She said in panic.

"What? No it's Hannah I'm outside with the car. Hurry up we need to leave now."

"Oh sorry Hannah I thought you might have been Doug. I'll be there in a second" Ellie said with slight disappointment to hear Hannah's voice.

She got up from the sofa, shoved a random pair of shoes on. Then grabbed her bag and starting to put in anything she thought she might need. But she couldn't think of what she needed. All she wanted and needed was Dougie. In dismay she got what she thought was essential, which for her was just her phone in case Dougie called. Ellie then ran outside and met Hannah in the back of the car. The driver then set off to the airport.

"Ellie, what's wrong you look stressed." Hannah asked concerned.

"Dougie still hasn't called me back..." Ellie said.

"Seriously still! This is so strange of him." Hannah said

"I know. He hasn't messaged, called; none of his friends know where he is. I have no idea where he has gone." Ellie explained.

"Ells, I'm sure he is fine." She tried comforting Ellie.

"Do you think he's left me?" Ellie said scared.

"Don't be stupid Ells, he wouldn't leave you. Not like this. Not just be disappearing. He'll come through just give it time." Hannah said reassuring her.

"How about we just concentrate on this gig. Haven't been to Ireland in a while so it will be the perfect distraction." Said Hannah.

They arrived at the airport where the rest of the EG crew were waiting.

"Sorry guys, we're here." Ellie said smiling.

"Finally." Jamie said laughing.

A short flight later and they were in Belfast, Ireland. Ellie got off the plane and tried calling Dougie again. All she got was the same thing, his voicemail.

"Fucks sake! Where is he!!" She said to herself.

After she arrived at the hotel, she did nothing but stay n her room constantly checking her phone every 5 minutes.

"Ellie, you need to stop seriously. The more you sit here and do nothing but check your phone, the worse you are going to feel." Said her friend Lucy.

"Let's get changed, and get out! C'mon you know Ireland is the best drinking place!!" Hannah said excited.

"You're right. Fuck it! Girl's night out!" Ellie said now smiling and getting up from her bed.

"Woo" said all the girls laughing, excited.

A few hours of prepping and getting ready, Ellie, Hannah, Lucy, Zoe and a few more of their friends all left the hotel and hit the closest bar. It wasn't long before they were all completely smashed and could barely walk. Ellie then got out her phone and began to call Dougie.

"Ells no, this is girls night. No more calling Dougie." Said Zoe trying to take her phone.

" I know but I just need to leave one more message" Ellie replied.

The phone began to ring, and Ellie tried to listen for the voicemail which was difficult from how loud it was in the bar. She then heard what she thought was the little beep...

"Dougie, this is my maybe 1000th message I've left you. Still no answer from you and do you know what, I give up now. You don't want to talk to me so I'm not going to talk to you. I'm going to enjoy my girls night out. Every night. Thank you for the bag btw, it's perfect. I wish i could've seen you to hug you and kiss you to sow you how grateful I am. HOWEVER I haven't seen you to do it. I don't know when I'm ever going to see you again. So this is GOODBYE DOUGIE POYNTER." Ellie finished her slurred speech and hung up the phone. What she didn't know is that Dougie actually did finally answer this time and heard her entire 'voicemail' right then.

Dougie looked at his phone, with a sad look on his face. He knew he had messed up, he was finally ready to talk to Ellie but it seemed she had lost patience. How was he supposed to fix this now.

* The next day *

Ellie had just finished her last song at the gig, waved goodbye to the screaming crowd and came off stage.

"OMG I'm never performing hung over again" Ellie said laughing.

"Heard that one before." Jamie said whispering.

"That was really great Ells." Said Joe as him and the rest of the band came off stage.

"Drinks to celebrate." Said Chris laughing

"Haha, not for me. I'm ready to get home and just sleep for a week." Ellie replied.

"Well not all week Ellie, you've got recording sessions most days." Said Hannah.

"Ugh fine. But sleep tonight for sure."

Ellie, Hannah, Jamie and some others went to the airport to get back home while the other stayed in Ireland for another night. Although she enjoyed her Girl's night out and loved performing again, Ellie was happier to be back at home.

Her driver dropped her off home and helped her with her suitcase.

"Thank you." Ellie said to the driver.

She then dug through her bag to try and find her keys, Ellie finally got them and walked into her flat with her heavy suitcase. It was about 1 in the morning now and wanted nothing but her bed, she dropped all her bags at the door and took of her coat. She walked into the living but something startled her.

"Dougie?" Ellie spoke staring at the man she loved standing in front of her.