London Part 3

We all met up outside the British museum. Once Laa was sent to keep the lady guard locked up, the tablet began to affect them again. Teddy couldn't move his arms, Attila's eye was messed up and Ahkmenrah was almost falling to the ground. I kept Ahkmenrah standing by wrapping an arm around his waist.

We began to look for Lancelot outside. Sacagawea saw a horse shoe print, so we followed in the same direction. We came across lion statues brought to life. As they crept up to us, Jedediah told Larry to get his flashlight out to play with the lions. Oddly enough, it worked. It was adorable and sweet. While Larry distracted the cats, we saw a bus with a Camelot play advertisement on the side of it. We all got on the bus, and I sat on Ahkmenrah's lap. He held me close to his body. Two kids were staring at all of us, and just had to take a photo. It was embarrassing.

Once we got to the play, we saw Lancelot arguing with people on stage. We then chased after him and ended up on the roof.

"Hey! Give me the tablet!" Larry yelled at Lancelot.

"Say back!" Lancelot waved the fire torch around wile repeating that. His nose had melted and was hanging down like a bunch of snot. They discussed his nose, which turned out to only anger him. Larry then tells Lancelot that he wasn't real. It made him even angrier.

As Larry and Lancelot were arguing, Ahkmenrah was holding onto the rail and himself. I tried to keep him on his feet. Suddenly the tablet's affects hit harder. Attila fell down the stairs and froze, Teddy and Sacagawea followed right after and then so did Jedediah and Octavius at Attila's head. Ahkmenrah at my side began to deteriorate.

"Larry, we've run out of time." Ahkmenrah told Larry. He was now looking like more of a mummy. It broke my heart and made me horribly scared. Ahkmenrah was barely standing, but when it got worse Ahkmenrah fell over, hardly holding the bars.

"Ahkmenrah, no!" I fell to my knees and began to cry.

"I am sorry Arcadia." Ahkmenrah told me, getting worse.

"I love you Ahkmenrah. I don't want to be here without you." I cried even harder. Ahkmenrah just smiled though.

"I love you as well my dear." I could only cry as everyone around me began to die. The man I loved was dead next to me, and it killed me. Just when I think everyone will die, Lancelot apologized and gave Larry the tablet. Larry immediately fixes the tablet and the moon shines down on it, healing the tablet and everyone on the roof.

Ahkmenrah gasped as his body begins to be less mummified. Everyone else also begins to go back to being alive. I grabbed Ahkmenrah's face and pressed my lips to his. He pressed his to mine as well.

"I love you Ahkmenrah." I said, wiping my tears.

"And I love you Arcadia." Ahkmenrah says, wiping my tears as well. Everyone hugs and rejoices in their newly renewed night lives. Larry gives Ahkmenrah his tablet back. Larry thanks Lancelot and we watch as Lancelot tries to fix his nose. It didn't go as well as he hoped, but no one mentioned it.

We all return to the Egypt exhibit. Ahkmenrah goes to his parents with his tablet. They all looked happy to be around each other again.

"Well done my child." Shepseheret told Ahkmenrah. He smiled at his mother. I was standing with Nick, so I just turned to him.

"How can we ask Ahkmenrah to leave his parents?" I asked Nick. He just shook his head in response.

"We can't Arcady." He wrapped an arm around me as I fought off the tears. My heart was breaking all over again. I was going to have to say goodbye to the man I loved. Just as Nick had said, everyone agreed that Ahkmenrah was to stay here with his family.

"Thank you for giving me back my family," Ahkmenrah said when he walked over to Larry. He was getting choked up now as he finished his sentence. "Larry, ga-guardian of Brooklyn." Ahkmenrah then walked over to me. I looked into his eyes and a few tears escaped. "Arcadia, I love you like I have never loved another. I cannot make you stay, but I would be happy if you would."

"Ahk-" I began to get choked up. "I have to finish school, but if you can wait a few months for me..." I couldn't even finish.

"I'll wait for you as long as it takes." Ahkmenrah said, he pulled me into a passion filled kiss. "I love you."

"I love you. We will meet again soon. I promise." I kissed him as I cried.

"Dad, if we leave right now, we can still catch a flight with everyone still awake." Nick says.

"Okay, let's go home." Larry turns to walk away.

"This isn't goodbye." Ahkmenrah reminded me. He was letting a few tears flow out of his eyes as well. I nodded my head and let Nick lead me away. Once out of sight of Ahkmenrah, I burst into tears. I cried all through the trip to the airport. I cried on the plane until I passed out with my head on Nick's shoulder. Now Nick wasn't the only one eager to get out of school. I just hoped that Ahkmenrah would still love me in a few months.