I'm Having The Alpha's Baby. [19]

I awoke to the feeling of someone rubbing my back, figuring it was Mark, I turned away from the touch.

"Aubrey, baby, I didn't mean anything I said. I'm under a lot of stress and I shouldn't have snapped at you." Mark said quietly.

"I don't want to talk right now, Mark." I said, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom. My eyes were red and swollen and my make up was a mess. I washed my face quickly and decided that it would probably be a good idea if until the next week, Mark and I did not see each other. 

"I'm going up to my mother's house a week early, and I'm taking the twins with me. Maybe in that week you can decide where your priorities lie, and then we can talk." I said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Aubrey, you are being ridiculous. Sit down and talk to me, please." Mark said, patting the side of the bed next to him.

Reluctantly, I sat next to him listened to what he had to say.

"I was way out of line when I talked to you today, and for that, I am sorry. But, Aubrey, you must realize the tremendous stress that I am under now. I worry daily about what crazy thing Katie might try to do next, other packs are constantly asking me to come down to aid in training, and we have another baby on the way. I didn't mean what I said about wanting to not have you or the kids, I love you and our family more than anything in this world. I would give up my spot as alpha a million times before I would ever leave you." He said looking into my eyes and placing his hand over mine.

"I'm sorry that you go through all of that for us, but all I asked was to see my family and you exploded on me. I rarely get to see my family and I miss them terribly, I shouldn't feel guilty to ask to spend some time with them." I said, courage building within me.

"I know, baby, and I'm sorry. Sometimes I just get so wrapped up in my duties and thoughts that I forget that you have things you're dealing with too. I've been selfish, Aubrey. Please, forgive me?" Mark asked, expressing true guilt on his face.

"I forgive you, Mark, but I do think that we should spend some time apart. For the next week, I'll go down to my mother's house and you can stay here and get caught up on all your work." I said, looking into his eyes intently.

"Aubrey, I'm really not comfortable with you being over a thousand miles away from me and five months pregnant. If something happens to you, and I'm not there to protect you, I don't know what I would do." He said, pulling me into his chest.

"I'll be okay, and I'll have my whole family with me. They can help me with the twins, and it's not like I haven't been pregnant before. I can handle myself, Mark, but you need to get a lot of work stuff taken care of, you're too stressed." I said, gently stroking his chest.

"Okay, I love you baby." He said, tilting my chin up.

"I love you too." I said, gently kissing his lips before getting off the bed and packing my stuff up. 

After packing up everything and getting the twins loaded into the car, we set off towards my mothers house. 

"Mom, where dad?" Ty asked from the backseat.

"Daddy is at home, he'll be at grandma's next week." I said, maintaining my focus on the road.

"I miss daddy." Brielle said in a huff, crossing her arms.

"Baby, daddy will be with us soon. Aren't you excited to see grandma and grandpa?" I asked, trying to cheer them up.

"I want daddy." Ty said angrily.

"Kids, please-" I started, glancing in the back at them, only to get cut off by Brielle.