America POV 8

Marlee was staring at America in surprise, "What just happened?!" She exclaimed.
"What? I didn't tell you that before my dad had passed away he taught me Kung Fu?" I questioned calmly.
"No you did not and why haven't you ever used it?"
"It's a form of self defense."
"Wait, let me get this straight. You know Kung Fu, but you use it only for self defense?" She questioned.
"Pretty much, yeah."
"So you know a self defense but you didn't use until now?! What about all those other times you were in trouble?"
"Wweeeellllllllll you see what happened was...." And that was when Maxon and Carver came running down the hallway to the room we were in. He seemed shocked at the scene before him when he started speaking,"America thank goodness you're alright, there were so many things running through my mind when the gunshots stopped! But with that being said, what in the world happened?!" And Marlee interjected,"Can you believe she knows a form of self defense but never used it any other time?!"
"What! And here I was just thinking that you needed self defense lessons!"
"Well as you can see I don't." And I just walked out. Of course, Maxon followed. Meanwhile Marlee and Carver stayed behind and were still talking.
I walked to the room that Maxon and I share and picked up my book I've been reading lately, it's called "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. Then Maxon broke the silence, "How do you have time to read?"
"I'm not the king, that's how," I simply stated.
"No you're right your not, but you are the queen."
"Touché."