Maxon 15

I can't believe America would do this. No, she wouldn't do this on her own, she must've been persuaded by that traitor that calls herself my sister.

"We'll discuss this later." I state simply.

"I didn't mean to start anything, I just wanted to reconcile with you. I'm sorry, this was a terrible idea. I knew you wouldn't give me a chance, I'll leave." Katelyn finally spoke up.

I opened my mouth to speak, but America cut me off, "No, please stay. He just doesn't realize he should give you a second chance." I do realize, but I can't say that in front of everyone. I'll wait till we're alone.

Not too long later, breakfast ended and I headed to America and I's spot in the garden. I heard the click of America's heels behind me, meaning she was following me.  When I sat down on the bench she started her interrogation.

"What do you have against her? What has she done to you that is oh so terrible that means you have to hate her? I mean really!"

"It's not what she did, it's what what she is... I-" she cut me off.

"What she is? She's-" it was my turn to cut her off.

"The result of my father's affair."

There was a few minutes of silence before she spoke.

"Why haven't you told me before?" A hurt look flashed across her face that caused my heart to break.

"When I was eight, I would often wake up in the middle of the night and need something to eat or drink, and one night, I saw a woman leaving my father's room. I was devastated. Well, it wasn't the last I had seen of her, it was more often after that actually. Then she disappeared for about 9-10 months before I saw her again. I told her off. When I was done yelling at her, she leaned close to my ear and whispered one sentence. It only took one sentence for my world to come crashing down. 'I'll tell your baby sister you said hi' she smirked when she saw my expression and left.

Later my dad came and beat me. It was the first time he had beaten me and it was the worst. I'm sorry I never told you, America, but it was just to painful. I feel the same pain when I look at Katelyn."

"Oh Maxon, I'm so sorry I pushed you to tell me, I should've just listened. I'll tell her she should go-"

"No, I want to make an effort." She sat down next to me and pressed her forehead against mine.

"I love you Maxon."

"I love you too."

"Who knew the king cries?" She said as she wiped away the tears.

"Shut up and kiss me."

"Isn't that my line? I'm pretty sure-"
I pressed my lips against hers in a soft kiss.

"Whatever you say.....dear."