POV America 10

I was sitting in the garden, reading my book when Maxon came searching for me, wearing the expression he usually does, but his eyes betray that expression. His eyes look hurt. No, worse, his eyes look betrayed. If it was his father with the opposite look in his eyes and expression, I'd probably ask 'Who's the poor soul you're going to can this time?', just to spite him. But this isn't Maxon's father, this is Maxon, my husband who loves happiness, and is kind, caring, and loving. He means what he says. So instead I ask, "What's wrong? And don't even think about denying it. I know you all too well and you know it."

He sighs and says "I knew you'd notice no matter what expression I had on. But to answer your question, the guards captured one of the 'rebels'."

"Was it Andre or Erica?"

"No, it's someone much, much worse."

"Who could be worse than some-" I cut myself short and I realize who it is as soon as Maxon has an expression that says 'Don't make me say it.'
**********************************************
Yes I'm stretching out the suspense and I should update soon!
Also I would like to say I'm sorry my chapters are so short, when I type them they seem like a fair size but then I publish it and I realize just how short they are.