EIGHT

When I woke up, I had Logan's shit-stinked feet on my face. Hell knows he had his actual ass last time I slept over so I guess this was a blessing and a curse. We slept top&tail like we always used to since Logan had a tendency to puch people's jaw in his sleep. I could've just crashed on the couch and I would be stoked.

"Get up dick face." I murmured sitting up.

"Says you," Logan replies covering his face with a pillow.

"It's sunday, y'know what that means?" I notified him which caused him to bolt up.

"Holy mother of god, it's Jesus day!" Logan chimes before slumping back down again.

"No you idiot. Have you forgotten? Every Sunday we would go to the top of different buildings or even mountains to see this ugly ass town from a far." I answered.

"That's still a thing? We've climb every tower already and mountain though." Logan told me.

"I have the perfect place and I promise you, you've never been." I stated.

"Sweet! But you're dead remember?" Logan says ignorantly.

"Idiot! Then we'll show them that I'm not. Can't hurt right?" I smirked at him.

"Alright, alright. We'll need to eat breakfast here though. Mom won't let us out if we don't have breakfast or without her 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' speech." Logan explains.

"I know," I smiled.

+++

I took Logan to the cliff I lived on for a year. He was really stunned at how I was able to survive up here but him knowing me well, he knew why I liked it. The peacefulness and the view. He knows me too damn well sometimes.

Logan was on some boulder taking pictures of the view and I promised to join him after I finish my cigarette.

It's true when they say time changes a person. I guess that's all I'll say to let go of Jake. He changed, he found someone new. Hell knows he's happier this way. It stings to say that but I guess I'll have to move on. I'll always remember Jake. If one day in the future I'll need to explain to kids who Jake Faye was, I'll say he was daddy's first love. He thought me how to accept who I was.

Jake Faye was Jake Faye. He was the person who participated in all school productions, helped out in several school fundraising events, the person who sat with the rejects but somehow wasn't a reject. And I was Alex Owen. The quarterback of our school's and state's football team. The kid who sat at a table with his team and brought home cheerleaders. So Jake and I really weren't cut out for each other. And though we thought that in a couple of days, it just won't work in the long run.

I accepted the truth sighing. Walked out my truck to join Logan who was sitting by the edge waiting for me. I grabbed my camera from his hold and took a picture of him looking out. I adjusted the exposure so he was just a silhouette and the clouds fogged the city. I joined him and showed him the picture and he admired it.

"Dude this is fucking amazing! Ya need to turn this into some business man." Logan suggests.

"Yeah? How the hell do I do that though," I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know man, post on your instagram again? Remember how you told me you got a call from a company willing to pay you since the content you post gets a lot of likes and comments?" I nod my head at the thought. "Do it!"

Was it really worth it? My last post on instagram was from 57 weeks ago.. I've also lost about 3k followers so that sucks.

Yeah fuck it, I'm back bitches.

I imported the photo onto my mac, hooked it up to my phone and edited the photo a little bit more before posting it with a caption "back is back," and tagging Logan. I sighed and grabbed two budlights and settled them down between us.

"This is nice. It's good to be back," I told him popping the can and taking a sip.

"Good to have you back brother," Logan says and I ruffled his hair.

+++

I paid the meter and we stepped foot inside McDees and got ourselves warmth inside. I walked up to the  counter and ordered a double cheese burger and Logan got a big mac. 

I really wish no one I knew would bump into me eating a burger and going ape shit all over the place thinking there was a zombie standing in front of them. But I mean hey, it's New York City. What're the chances of meeting someone form high school. 

I enjoyed every last bit of the burger. Damn it was delicious. I remember watching one of those videos of animals getting slaughtered and had writings in the end like "go vegetarian today!" like hell no, that ain't for me, I love my juicy burgers.

"So, you're staying with us this next few how long exactly? We don't mind of course..we love your company." Logan asks me.

"I don't know man, a month? I'll try to earn money and save up so I can rent an apartment probably in Brooklyn. It's going to be hard to find a job though, I mean I 'died'," I chatted.

"Yeah, that was a low blow of your parents to do that man. Like yeah, I get it, you don't agree with the whole 'gay is okay' thing and that they kick their kid out the house but seriously, faking that they're dead? Dafuq?" Logan groans.

"Life ain't a fairy tale," I shrugged and he rolled his eyes.

"Alex?" I looked up to see the last person I ever wanted to. My old man. He looked different though, like a lot different. He used to be all well built and fit and now he was just skin and bones.

Holy fucking shit.