The Games

So, I did manage to find my inner noble, which was just being bossy and snobbish, how hard could that be? In the carriage on the way back I could hear Cassia and her friend comparing their experience with their gladiators thought to be honest it sickened me. Apparently being with a gladiator was a traditional way to prepare a young woman for the marriage bed. No wonder std's spread through here like the plague. No one knew what was safe and god forbid how many partners someone had had before them.

Once we were back at the place I was supposed to call home now I was surprised to see not only our "mother and father" come out but a roman general if I didn't know any better. He stood their patiently beside our parents and parts of the movie "Pompeii" which I swear I hardly remembered started to come to my mind however I am thinking their information wasn't correct. Instead of Cassia running away from the general she ran right up into his arms and smiled at him.

"Young love." Her best friend said as we exited the carriage.

"Young for her." I mumble making sure no one could hear me.

"Cassia, I have brought one of my finest majors to meet your sister." The man I remember being Corvus said with a big smile on his face. "Althos, come and meet my future sister in law."

Ok, sorry right there, even I had to hold a gag in because I really wanted to be sick after what he just said. A man walked through the crowd of guards that Corvus kept with him and to say the man was full of pride was a tragic understatement. He was as tall as Corvus with short light brown hair and lots of armor on him, his sword at his side he made his way up to me and for just a moment his emerald green eyes caught me in their gaze.

"Major Althos, this is Grace, Cassia's older sister." Corvus said with a grin.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Grace." Althos said taking my right and gently kissing the top of it.

"And you Major Althos." I reply as I bow my head to him just a little.

"General Corvus has come to speak of the games tomorrow." Our father, Severus spoke up and led us inside.

However I was stopped by the young Major as he gently brushed my hair away from my neck and gasped as he saw my neck. Carefully putting his hand in the same spot that Claudius had gripped my neck I flinched again.

"Corvus, come and look." Althos called out to his commander.

Corvus came as well as my parents and Cassia who al gasped as well even though Cassia had already seen what had happened to me before. Corvus then turned and looked at my sister and I didn't know what expression he was using.

"The gladiators hurt you? Which one was it?" Althos asked as his gentle gaze returned.

"Claudius." I reply timidly knowing either of these men could kill me with one punch.

"Corvus, who is Claudius against tomorrow?" Althos spoke up again.

"The Celt, I highly doubt he will survive." My father answers already knowing who was against who.

Nodding Althos seemed to be satisfied with his answer. I really didn't know what to say so I just followed the crowd as we all sat down to dinner. After eating things I didn't dare try to figure out we heard a loud bang on the door. Confused I watched as my mother and father went to the door and opened it. All at once many gladiators were walked inside with chains on their hands and feet.

"We thought that General Corvus would prefer to see the warriors who will fight tomorrow in person to inspect them." My father boasted.

My eyes widen as I saw Milo and Claudius stand side by side with the African American standing to the left of Milo. Well this was going to be weird. Not wanting to be seen at all really I stayed sat in my seat but of course Althos comes over and requests that I point out which one is Claudius. I can't catch a break here can I? Taking his hand I nod and stand beside him as we walk to the group of warriors and with no hesitation at all I point of Claudius. Althos looks over at Corvus who just nods at him. With the snap of Althos fingers two guards un chain Claudius and take him outside. In-between two trees they tie up his hands and feet as Corvus takes out a whip. Oh no, I knew where this was going and it wasn't going to end well. I didn't go outside as the others did because I didn't want to see what would happen so I was inside with only a few other guards as well as the other gladiators.