Power and Love

Ali seemed to know his way around the stadium which was good for me since I had no idea where I was going. We stayed just a few feet away from Cassia but made sure that we didn't lose sight of her. Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see though, turning the corner I was shocked to see Cassia in the arms of a gladiator but not just any gladiator, the Celt aka Milo...this wasn't going to end well and something told me they would be found out soon.

"Well this does create a problem." Ali whispers to me. "He maybe a fool but if Corvus find out then he will kill the gladiator and your sister."

Nodding I try to formulate a plan in my head. What is she thinking?! My so called sister is playing with fire and she going to get burned at the stake if Corvus has anything to do with it. Ali put his hand on my shoulder and pointed to the far entrance as roman guards enter. Oh crud! They were no doubt guarding Corvus but I had no idea why he would be down here...unless he heard about Cassia and Milo.

"Ali, please I know we just met but I am going to push Cassia to you and please run with her out of here." I beg which makes Ali nod at me reluctantly.

As Corvus gets closer I grab Cassia and push her to Ali who turns and takes off with her. Milo looks at me shocked and I narrow my eyes at him. This idiot really had no idea what he was doing.

"Celt, you have a noble in your arms?" Corvus questions and I look down and see that in my rush to save my sister that I instead took her pace in Mio's arms. "Care to explain yourself?"

"He's my lover that I've taken." The words flow from my mouth like truth although it's a big fat lie.

"A lover grace, I did not think you would have anything to do with a killer?" Corvus says as he walked right up to Milo and I.

Milo holds onto me protectively. Good at least he is playing his part and I know I am going to have to explain all of this later but I really just wanted for Corvus to believe I was with Milo and draw any suspicion of Cassia being with Milo away.

"He's different in the bedroom than in the arena." I state as I keep my head held high.

"Yes, and what if you bare him a child? You would be a disgrace to your family then." Corvus states looking at us firmly.

Right...kids and the whole class system. Something I never liked to deal with in the future let alone in the future.

"Then I would have a warrior child I would raise on my own, unlike other noble I can fend for myself." I state confidently.

Milo coughed a little behind me no doubt remembering the time that he had to save me from a fellow gladiator. Elbowing him a little in the stomach his cough stops as he calms down for a moment. Corvus laughs as he grabs my chin and forces me to look up at him.

"Not if I have anything to do with it, you'll marry who I say you marry or you can consider your little sister a true whore, I will not marry her and I will make sure no others will either." Corvus says as his grip tightens.

" You don't have that kind of power." I barely can speak due to his grip.

"Oh but I do, that's the man reason I introduced you to Althos, he will be your groom." Corvus laughs letting go of my face and walks away with his men close by.

Grabbing my chin I try to process what he just told me. He really didn't have that kind of power...did he? There was no real way to tell but to wait and see if his threats were really held any meaning. Turning back to Milo he looked incredibly mad.

"He's to marry Cassia?!" Milo shouts.

"I take it she didn't tell you, Milo we are women, in this time we have no say no power nothing that could help us."