Lies & Confession

Milo's POV

Love is a strange emotion, that is something no one ever told me. I was attracted to Cassia the moment I met her because she was beautiful. After all I have been through since trying to be with her though have been enough to drive anyone mad. Then there's Grace, not only is she the sister to my first love but she was strong and showed bravery, courage and would stand up for what she believed was right no matter what the consequence might be, that made me see her in a different light. She was all those things and she had a different sort of beauty than I had ever seen before. In her eyes she did not see me as someone she needed to depend on but an equal, that was why she trusted me. Maybe that was why I had now fallen for her?

Every morning as I passed her bed I couldn't help but look over at her. She slept so calmly as though she had not a care in the world when in fact it was the opposite. She worried so much for her sister that at times I feared she would become sick. Training with her had become harder though now, feeling her body against mine were making my body act in a way I was not use to. Now I had tried to avoid training with her and I knew it would anger her just like the truth would.

"Staring off into space again Milo?" Octoclus asks as he walks up to the balcony I am at and staring off into the surrounding.

"You seem to know me all too well my friend."

"Of course, I do, I have also noticed that you have not been training Grace either. Could it be that she has angered you?" Octoclus asks as he sips his drink

"She has awakened something in me though I do not think it is anger." I tells him as he then stops sipping then smiles at me.

"Lusting after her, are you?"

"What? We are only here together to come up with a plan to save her sister." I scoff trying to hide my true thoughts.

"Hearts can change their minds, after all its not the only one to see people in a new light. If you feel something for the girl then tell her before it's too late Milo." Octoclus says as he turns to leave but I stop him.

"What do you mean?" I question him.

"Milo, two things can happen. Someone can get to her before you, which is the better of these two outcomes."

"Or?"

"She could be killed in this plan...no one is guaranteed the next day, do not waste the time you have or believe me you will live with regret."

Nodding I let go of Octoclus and he takes his leave. Never did I think I would feel this way about Grace but now that Octoclus told me what could or may even end up happening it made me want to take actions into my own hands. Would it be the right thing to do? Is there even a chance that Grace would want me even after the whole situation with her sister? Arriving at the room, I open the door and there stands Grace in a light green dress, hearing the door open she looks my way and that was all it took. One look from her and without a second thought from my head I went to her and took her in my arms before I pressed my lips against hers.

I was fully expecting her to push me away or even slap me. She did neither. Instead I could feel her arms wrap around my neck and her lips reply to mine. My heart was overwhelmed even if this would be the only kiss I would get for her and later she would slap me or regret it I would never forget it and it would be well worth it. Pulling away at the same time Grace looked me right in the eyes and waited to hear what I would say.

"Milo?" she asked her gaze never leaving mine.

"I have something to confess to you Grace...I think I maybe falling in love with you." I tell her honestly right as the doors to the room open again.