Chapter 9

It's Monday. Ash has had my notebook all of one week and I've been suffering withdraw. Since I haven't had my notebook I've had to resort to drawing on scraps of paper. By the time I got to school, not many people were in the hall. Chase is always yelling at me for being late. The second bell hadn't rung yet so I don't know what's wrong with everyone else. Stupid over achievers getting here on time. Ugh I can't stand that.

I opened my locker and a piece of paper floated to the ground. I picked it up and inside was a picture. It was a drawing of me sitting at my desk looking out the window with a thought bubble of the outdoors.

Who drew this? It's truly remarkable. I'll never be able to draw this well. Wait, how did they know what I was thinking about? Ok nw its a tad bit creepy. Blake get a hold of yourself! How many people do you think dream about going outside when it's been so gorgeous outside? Everyone! Ok creepiness has decrease by 80%.

Another note is stuck in my locker. Two in one day? Wow I'm popular.On the bottom I saw a sentence written out in pig pen. Its a code that only some people know and I happen to be one of those people.

"I don't know you, but I want you. All the more for that.."

Why is that familiar? Then it dawns on me. Its the first lines to Falling Slowly from Once. I've always found those first lines kind of creepy. Who is the author of these notes? Are they even by the same person?

More questions pop into my head as I go to my first period class. I look over at Ash to see if he has my notebook an he doesn't seem to. My shoulders slump. I really miss that notebook. I need to get it back. But first, I need to do something about these notes.

***

These past two weeks have been so weird. For the whole two weeks I have received two notes in the morning. A drawing and some lyrics. I've come to enjoy both and look forward to them every morning. I treasure the drawings a little more as the person probably spent so much time and effort on them. Another thing is that I've been having polite conversations with Ash. It's actually pretty crazy. He isn't that much of a douche. We usually talk about music and we share a lot of the same interests. It all started in Global when someone said that Mayday Parade was stupid. We both started defending them and from then on we had been talking about music. Wait, before you get any ideas, he is still a jerk, just not a douche. I dont know why, but he seems to want to get on my good side. I may be warming up to him but Iwill NOT become soft.

Unfortunately, Willa keeps trying to set us up together. I mean, she should be trying to get us to hate each other because it would be weird if her friend got together with her brother but noooo all of my friends, including Theo, have decided that we were destined to be together. Horrible people.

Since we both share the same music tastes I have begun to suspect him as the one who writes the lyrics, however, it's not his handwriting so I'm back to square one. He still hasn't given me back my notebook and for that I keep pulling pranks on him. This of course leads to him pranking me back. It has been labeled Prank Wars and has been going on for the majority of these past two weeks. Today it's my turn to prank him back....

I have devised the perfect prank. H e has this hat that he likes to wear when its cold. He leaves it in his locker for just in case. I have convinced the janitor to blast the AC so thats it's really cold. I have also put blue hair dye, because apparently they ran out of purple, lining his hat so when he puts it in, BAM! Blue hair. Then, The janitor will put the heat on so Ash is forced to take the hat off, thus showing off his blue hair. I'm super excited personally. Another thing I'm excited about is that this morning on the back of the drawing today in code, not pigpen, was a few sentences telling me to the big oak tree behind the park tonight at 8. I seriously can't wait.