Chapter 22

Ashton: How's your wrist? 

Michael: Ash, it's only sprained. I'll be fine. 

Ashton: You know what I mean. 

Michael: They're healing. I haven't touched my razor or anything. 

Ashton: I'm proud of you, love. 

Michael: I really don't want to talk about this anymore, Ash.

Ashton: Okay babe. I'm sorry. 

Michael: It's not ur fault. U're only worried. It's fine bby.

Michael: Do ur parents and family h8 me? 

Ashton: Why would they hate you?

Michael: Bc I... do what I do. 

Ashton: They wouldn't hate you for self harming, Mikey. They asked me a lot of questions I didn't know how to answer. We're just all really worried. 

Michael: Ik u are and I'm srry for that. 

Ashton: Are you though? 

Michael: Of course I am. Y would I not be?

Ashton: Because you still haven't stopped. 

Michael: I can't just get better in one day, Ash. 

Ashton: Why not? How hard is it to throw out your blade? 

Michael: It's not that easy. It doesn't work that way. Throwing out my blade won't make the urges go away. It won't keep my wrists from burning bc I want to pick it back up. It won't keep me from picking my cuts back open.

Ashton: I just don't get it. Why would you ever want to bring a razor to your skin? 

Michael: To feel something other than sadness and worthlessness. 

Ashton: This is crazy. 

Michael: What, cutting myself makes me crazy? Thanks, Ash. 

Ashton: I just don't understand. 

Michael: I'm glad that u don't. I don't want u to go through this bc it sucks and I h8 myself for it but idk how to stop. 

Ashton: I want to help you but you have to give me time to adjust and to think this through. I dunno if I can do this. 

Michael: ...What? 

Ashton: I need to think this over. I don't know how to help you as of now. 

Michael: So u're just giving up on me now? Cool. 

Ashton: That's not it. I just need time to try and wrap my head around this because as of now I really don't get it. 

Michael: So u want me to leave u be until u can think it through...?

Ashton: I dunno, babe. It's your call. 

Michael: Fine. Text me whenever u're ready to handle my crazy. Bye.

***

Michael: He told me he needed time to think this shit over. How hard is it? 

Luke: I dunno, mate. This is all new to him. He's never dealt with people that self harm before so he doesn't know what to say or do. You can't really blame him for that, can you?

Michael: I guess not. I just... I dunno. I wasn't expecting him to tell me these are battle scars and that I'm so strong and all that bullshit but I wasn't expecting him to completely ignore me, either. 

Luke: Understandable. I get it but I just... I think you need to cut him some slack. You guys just started dating. This is a big load for him to take in. 

Michael: I dunno what to think at this point, Luke. Can u just come over to mine and watch movies with me pls? My mom's always liked u better than me. 

Luke: Sure, Mikey. Want me to bring snacks? 

Michael: Popcorn and M&Ms pls. 

Luke: I hate how you mix the two together. It's gross. 

Michael: Sucks.  

Luke: )-:

Michael: (-: 

---

This is a longer chapter and I dunno if I like the past few tbh. I feel like they're kinda cliche and overused. I dunno tho. Almost 600 reads. Thank you all so much. Love you heaps. 

-Shianne xx