Darkness [NINE]

"Mezie, this is ridiculous!" Red complained, an icepack pressed to her left temple. A soft-green, blue-purple bruise was splattered on her left side of her head, and it was extremely sensitive to the touch.

"Red, this is not your choice, it's mine," Mezie hissed through clenched teeth as she buttoned up her Fazbear Security uniform jacket.

"I know one thing, Mezie, Mike won't be happy," The red-headed country girl said slowly and carefully, as if she were testing on how Mezie would react.

Mezie's ice cold, blue, sparkling eyes flashed on Red's face, narrowed as piercing blue flames. "Mike isn't ever happy, Red! Look what happened to him; and worst of all, it's my fault, Red. So don't try to act like he isn't upset.." She mumbled, straightening her collar.

Mezie's friend just sighed in utter disbelief. "Well you don't want him to have to come back there and rescue you again, either, now, do yo-" She paused when Mezie turned to hiss at her.

"He won't! He'll be in the hospital, recovering, and you'll make sure he keeps his butt in there, right?" Mezie growled, and Red hesitated for a few seconds, before nodding abruptly.

"Good, because you're my best friend, Red, and I owe it to you for driving Mike and me to the hospital.." Mezie's hostile demeanor disappeared completely as she wrapped her arms around her best friend.

When she pulled back, Red had a smile on her face. Mezie looked in the mirror again, fixing her hair once more before looking at Red and smiling.

Mezie then turned and walked out the front door, beginning the painfully dreaded walk back to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, knowing she was getting closer and closer to the monsters that had almost killed Mike.

Her footsteps made loud crunching sounds on the gravel. She kept thinking of how Mike would react once the information that she was returning would be set upon him. She bit her lower lip, which had been quivering slightly, knowing he wouldn't be too keen on the idea of Mezie throwing herself back into that painstaking situation.

Continuing on her way, a cool breeze caused her hair to flow behind her, underneath the weight of the dark blue cap on her head, that still said the same thing. She had, of course, washed out the blood and grime on the poor thing.

Her cool fingertips brushed against the cold, metal curved handles of the right glass door that was one of the entrances to the kid's family oriented, creepy pizzeria.

Sweat beads were already slowly rolling down from her scalp to her forehead. Memories of the previous nights before made Mezie shiver with reasonable fear.

Her eyes casually made their way up to the dusty brown clock on the wall, which read 11:45 PM.

Sighing heavily, she made her way to a table and sat down. She watched the children run around like chickens with their heads cut off, having no idea where they should go next. She envied them largely, wishing she could enjoy her time here like there seemed to.

'They're little bitty children, not scarred, exhausted adults..' She reminded herself obviously with another sigh, except this time, the sigh was much more softer and less noticeable.

'This darkness is sickening. Think, Mezie, think! These little kids thinking these things are idols! Does that not frighten you? What is in our future?' She thought quietly, ice blue eyes observing everything around her.

The silence was almost as terrifying as the cheering. When the little children sadly dragged themselves along with their tired parents, the place got quiet. Very quiet. So quiet that you could've heard a pen drop if you even just hummed to yourself.

When alone, the place was closed up and locked up, Mezie sulkily shuffled toward the office, eyes alert, despite her sluggishness.

She froze in utter disgust as she saw Mike's blood still on the floor in the office. "Those fricken slobs didn't even bother to.. Just... UGH!" Mezie muttered in absolute disgust. How could they be so inconsiderate of her emotions?

Lookin away from the mess, she swallowed hard. Tears grew in her eyes as she muttered something under her breath. "Well, let's begin." She shakily sat in the swivel seat, bringing the tablet to her face.

It was on.