Chapter 8

WHEN WE GOT TO THE HOUSE, I IMMEDIATELY SAW AUNT TALLIA. Aunt Tallia was wear a dotted short sleeve blouse, a pair of denim skinny jeans, with her red Converse high-tops. She was holding a glass of wine. She loves wine. Whenever she comes to my house, mum has to give her wine.

Aunt Tallia took a double take when she saw Uncle Toni.

"Twinsie?" Aunt Tali asked. "What a surprise!" She ran over and hugged him. Uncle Toni kissed her head. "I haven't seen you in like two days!"

"Yeah, I last saw you on Friday."

"But now it's Monday!"

"Whatever. Is Tammy home?"

"Nah. She's still at the company."

"Mum is still there? She's usually home by now!" I exclaimed.

Tallia chuckled. "Oh Ceci!" She moved from Uncle Toni's side and hugged me, pinching my cheeks. "How was school?"

"Pretty good. I didn't get any detentions!" I lied. I couldn't tell them the truth.

Toni, Toby, Carmen, Jamie, and Tallia looked at me and gasped. "The world is ending!"

I laughed. "Seriously. I was well behaved today."

"Wow..." Toby said. "I can't believe my little sis is maturing."

"Shush it bruv. I'm still Ceci Simpson."

"You're Ceci Grace Simpson to be exact." Carmen added.

I shot daggers at Carmen. You'll learn more about why we don't get along anymore later on. But, back to what I was saying, after I glared at Carmen, she shut up and went inside.

We sat on the patio and started talking. Toby was talking about getting an apartment to get Jamie to move in with him. We were also talking about James and Miranda. James is planning on getting a house near Jamie's grandparents, Miranda's parents, in America.

I've only been to America once or twice. Just for vacation in mum's hometown. We met Miranda's parents. We also met Demi's parents, who also live there. Mum's mum is the only one who lives here. Granddad Joshua lives in Springfield too. We don't see him much. Aunt Tali sees him much more.

Anyways, we continued talking about other things. Eventually, we got to the industry topic.

"I am going to study engineering so I can help out in the industry. After all, when we lose our parents, we are going to be stuck with it. I want to at least have knowledge of what I am doing." Toby announced.

Jamie smiled. "And I am going to be right beside you, baby."

"I love you." And they kissed. I felt grossed out.

"Get a bloody room." I hissed.

"Shut up, Ceci. One day, that'll be you."

"In your dreams, bruv."

Everyone laugh. "Me and my Aussie kiss every now and then. And every time we kiss, it's like I'm falling for him all over." Aunt Tallia commented.

Aunt Tali and Uncle Austin are like the perfect couple. They've been through so much together and they're always lovey dovey with each other. Mum and dad are the same, but they're my parents!

Auntie Nat could be like that too, however, I don't see her much. She lives in Manchester, near my grand mum. I never really see them much. Especially since mum and dad are always busy in the industry. The last time we saw her was on FaceTime five months ago. I miss her loads. We only see Grandmum Anne and Grandpoppa more than them since they live here in Birmingham.

We continued talking about family news and gossip. I told them about school.

"I went to England school for three years. They were so fucking strict! I hated it. Illinois schools weren't that strict. You could get in a fight and no one would know." Aunt Tali exclaimed.

"You got in trouble at the schools here?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah! All the time. Rumour has it that I'm very chatty."

"You are!" Toby teased. "Very."

Aunt Tali laughed. "Toni went to school for like two years. Right, twinsie?"

"Yeah. I behaved. Ask Jewels." Toni admitted.

"Didn't you too get into an argument with her?"

"Yeah! I've never seen anyone argue that bad!" I said.

Toni laughed. "Yeah. Julie is just so rude to Ceci and it pisses me off."

"It hurts." I pouted. "She's the only aunt that hates me."

"I'm pretty sure she loves you." Tallia consoled.

"No. She prefers Tati more than me. I'm 'bad luck' to her."

I immediately saw Obsidian running down the street, with a bouquet of flowers, preferably Tati's favourites, white roses.

"Where is Tati?" He asked with sweat coming down his face.

"Um... let me check inside." I said. Toby gave me a stare. I shook my head gesturing to keep his mouth shut. He put his hands up in defeat. "I'll be back, bruv."

"Whatever sis." Toby sighed.

"I'll come with you." Obi said.

"Okay."

Once he walked in, he took off his shirt. Damn. It got hot in here all of a sudden. He turned to me and smiled. "Do you know what I did wrong?"

"Not really. I just heard you did something stupid. I don't know what though."

He grimaced. "Oh. Okay. Thanks anyway."

We knocked on Tati's door and no answer. Of course there wouldn't be an answer. She's not home...

I slowly opened the door and Obi walked in. "She must've gone for a walk."

"I'm an ass." He admitted.

"No you're not." I replied, turning towards him.

"Yeah I am."

I got closer and looked into his lovely blue eyes. I was just inches from his face. "Obi, you're not."

"Yes I am, okay Ceci?" His voice was a soft whisper.

"I won't accept it."

"But Ceci-"

"No. Okay? You're an awesome guy. Anyone would kill to be with you. Maybe like my sister."

He chuckled. "Tati? No way! I like dangerous girls. Tati is too nice and naïve."

My eyes popped. "What?"

He put an arm around my waist. "Preferably girls like you, Ceci. Young. Dangerous."

My heart started racing. I liked it. But I must stay true to Samuel. He's the one that runs my motor. Not Obsidian. "No Obi. You've got it all wrong."

He put his other arm around my waist. "Let me show you." He leaned in and I didn't have enough time to escape. He brushed his lips against mine. He didn't kiss me too much. I'm only 13. I shouldn't get my first kiss until later on. "I'm here for you." He put down the roses and a little note on Tati's dresser and left, smiling at what he had just done.

What the hell?

Well, at least someone prefers me more than Tati...

Her best friend...

Wow! Any comments? Who liked the Wednesday update? Stay toned. x

Redpaws0415
http://redpaws0415.weebly.com
Twitter: LeahandPati
Instagram: Redpaws0415