Chapter 36

Two and a half years later...

   I STILL HATE THE SMELL OF THE HOUSE AFTER A PARTY. My boyfriend and I have to stay outside sometimes because it reeks of alcohol and Mum and Dad get very clingy with one another. At least it's easier with just Bran and Liv never really home, Tati at Grandpa's house, and Car in her room, normally with her friends since they NEVER leave. I hate dealing with them and their immature selves. Lucky for me, I'm a mature sophomore at Springfield High with the best boyfriend ever. I can't possibly ask for anything more that'll make me feel this satisfied with my life and who I've become.

   Jesse Exiles has been my boyfriend since the end of eighth grade when we were about to graduate middle school. It was the most romantic thing ever because he sent me on a scavenger hunt around his house and when I got to the last note, I went inside to be surprised by his parents and the floor was filled with rose petals. I still remember when he said will you send me to the moon and back by accepting to be my girlfriend? I almost cried as I said yes and jumped into his arms. It only took a year of being friends with benefits for him to ask me out. But I'm happy he did. He's been the best boyfriend ever, making me the happiest girl on this planet.

   I've got the best friends ever too. Alice has been my best girl friend since we met but I've made more friends who know who I am and haven't judged me since. Cathy, Louise, and Callie have been friends with me in both eighth and ninth grade and now in the beginning of tenth grade. Then there's the guys who are Jesse's best guy friends. Allen, Jake, and Dean are the best guys ever and whenever Jesse's not there, they're there to protect me and take care of me. It would be nice if Noelle left me alone though.

   She's probably one of many who don't know who my parents are. Noelle enjoys bullying me and bothering me but I don't budge. I haven't fought anymore in more than two years. I left that behind, back in England, when I moved to Springfield. I absolutely love it here and my friends make it even better. Late nights at the mall and early morning runs without Noelle bothering me makes everything better. I feel like this is where I belong, now and forever. However, despite this, I still fear and hope to return to Birmingham one day to see who Samuel Dean Ball has become.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him the way I did about three years ago, but, I miss our friendship. It's been kindling inside of me since we I left and the embers have been dying slowly. Very slowly because at time, I feel like I'm betraying Jesse. It's a guilt I've learn to live with, just like leaving Toby when he needed me the most because ever since that day, we haven't heard anything about him. He disappeared and no one knows where he's been. Brenda and my lovely brother-in-law ended up occupying the house since there was no one but the pets, who I hear have been very good. Oh! Silly me. I forgot to mention that Brenda and Matt have happily wed almost two years ago and have a handsome baby boy, Alec, who is my adorable nephew. I've only seen him twice and a few times in picture, but, I hear he's as troublesome as his father. Too bad he couldn't beat Fanny.

Jamie was left pregnant shortly after Toby disappeared and that baby became my niece, my first niece ever. Her name is Estefania, but we call her Fanny, and she looks just like Toby! I have only seen her in pictures but I do know and understand how hard it has been for Jamie and the McVeys. Despite Mum's offers to send for the baby to live with us, the young mother has meticulously raised my niece with help of her parents and her younger brothers, Daniel and Mason who have grown up to be handsome boys. I hope to see them very soon so I can hug them and play with them like I used to.

"Hey Ceci, you ready for school?" I looked up from the dinner table to see my wonderful boyfriend looking at me with the cutest smile ever.

I wiped my face from any scraps of breakfast that lingered and stood up, rushing to pull him into a tight embrace. "Jesse! My love!" I kissed his face sloppily. "Of course I'm ready!"