Chapter 47

Tammy's POV-

THE CAR RIDE TO LONDON LEFT me extremely anxious, especially being beside James as he drove Jesse and I to meet my granddaughter, Estefania, at Jamie McVey's loft. She was called before we left Birmingham to tell her we'd be there soon, however, she informed us that Mason, Daniel, and Samuel were all there. James, forgetting that his sons were with his daughter, felt guilty but shrugged it off and played the happy man with the woman he loved beside him, toying with each other's hands as he drove a hundred kilometres per hour down the highway to London, smiling back at me whenever he could.

Jesse had told me that he knew that Cecilia was in love with Samuel Dean Ball before she came to the United States with us and confessed that he wanted to see what was the big fuss about the boy who nearly ended his life for my daughter. He knew it was wrong to feel a bit jealous but he needed to make sure that he wouldn't have to worry about Ceci running back to him and telling him that she was never going back to Springfield and had found love in Birmingham, and that it had never left her. That was the main reason he accompanied us to London. He also didn't feel comfortable staying in our Birmingham residence with Brad moping around the house, trying to get someone to talk to him, Bren and Mattie messing around with each other, and Alec screaming all day for someone to pick him up and cradle him. I'll be honest when I say that my grandson has driven me a bit out of my wits and even Jesse's.

Either way, going to meet Fanny had me feeling like shit. I missed Toby dearly and from what I saw in pictures, my granddaughter looked just like my eldest son. The private investigator Bradley and I had hired had told us they had found some signs of life relating to Toby, however, it wasn't guaranteed. Whatever it was, I needed to know. I need him so much and his daughter and girlfriend who he left behind need him more. Even Cecilia needs him, since Toby and her were inseparable as children. I think she was closer to Toby than she was to Brad and I and is suffering more and more as time goes by and we know nothing of Toby Nathaniel Simpson.

"We're close, Tammy." James said, grabbing my hand and squeezing it, still making my hand swell up in goosebumps, which went up my body. "We're close to Jamie's flat."

I sighed in relief, glad we were finally getting there because I felt too claustrophobic being this close to James again after what happened last week in my bedroom when we say each other again. "That's good, Jamie. I can't wait to hold her in my arms."

"Our granddaughter is gorgeous, Tammy. She's got all the good genes. My baby girl and your beloved son made a work of art."

I pulled my hand away from his and turned back to look at our passenger, more like a hostage, who looked out the car window. "Jesse, since this is your first time in England, I'll tell you a bit about where we're at. Now, we're in London, near the airport, obviously that's the capital of the UK."

"That's cool. London looks beautiful, especially at this time of night." Jesse replied, turning from the window to look at me and acknowledge who was speaking. "Is that where Jamie lives? Near the airport?"

"Yeah. She refused to take anything Miranda and I gave her so she found this that she can use her own money to pay the rent and here she is." James replied, turning into a street that had a giant condominium and slowing down. "We're here. Now, lemme call my little angel." He parked the car into a parking lot behind the complex and dialled her. "Sweetie, Tammy and I are outside. We're going to come up now. Okay? See you, princess." He hung up, smiling that award-winning, grandiose grin. "Let's go Tammy, Jesse, up there. She's waiting."

We exited the vehicle and walked into the complex and then up via elevator. Soon, we got to the flat and the door was open, Mason watching from the open door, already expecting us.