Chapter 11

A DOCTOR CAME OUT AND WE ALL STOOD.

"Family of Tammy Natalia Scaletta-Simpson?" He asked.

We all nodded. "I'm her husband. Bradley Simpson." Dad said. He shook the doctor's hand. "How's my wife, doc?"

"Well...."

"Well what doctor? That's my mom right there!" Toby hissed.

"Tammy is all right, but... I think she has something. We are running tests on her to check."

Dad turned pale. "What might she have, doctor?"

"I believe she has leukemia, but me and my crew are not sure yet."

Dad's eyes lightened. "But is it in the beginning? Can we save her?"

"I think it is. Don't worry, Mr. Simpson. Your wife will be fine."

"I just can't lose her again."

I grabbed onto Toby's arm. He pulled me into an embrace and he also grabbed onto Carmen, who was crying. I rolled my eyes. I wish Carmen didn't exist...

Carmen and I are just about the same age. She's older than Joseph by six weeks and he's always liked her. However, if I am not wrong, Carmen likes Daniel. But, I don't like Carmen because she's such a drama queen and not to mention, if her father hadn't gotten sick and died, I would not have her in my life. You see, Carmen was always the center of attention when I was much younger. She was always the scared one, the sweet one, the nice one. Maybe that's why I'm the way I am....

I pulled away from Toby's grasp and went to daddy. He picked me up and held me fiercely. He was crying. I know how much he loves mum. Wait. Flashback to a few seconds ago. He said he can't lose her again?

Again?

Did Mum and dad break up once?

I looked at Toby. "Can we talk?"

Toby let go of Carmen. "Yeah. What's wrong sis?"

"Bruv, can it be outside?" He nodded and grabbed my hand. "Daddy, put me down."

Dad put me down. "Don't worry. I'll be with Ceci." We went outside to the hallway. "What's wrong?"

"Did Mum and Dad break up once?"

He started scratching his neck in a nervous way. "What? Where'd you get that from?"

"Answer me, Toby Nathaniel Simpson."

Toby turned away. "It was before you were born, so, it's none of your business."

I hit his arm. "Why does everyone hide things from me? I'm old enough to know what happened."

"Stay out of it, Ceci!" Toby hissed. "End of discussion."

"Toby!" He started walking away from me. What's going on? I ran after him. "Toby please!"

He stopped and turned to me. "Ceci, drop that. Okay!" He was mad. Why can't he tell me?!

He was quiet when he came in and sat down. Dad was holding Carmen tight. I hate her. I wish she could leave. Livia is cool. She stays in her lane and I in mine. Carmen has to always jump into mine. That's I wish she never existed. Or at least that he father didn't get sick and die. Maybe that's why her mother denied her...

I sat down beside Aunt Tallia. She pulled me so my head lay on her shoulder. I was pretty tall for my age. I'm already almost 1 and a third metre tall. I'm almost taller than mum, who's a quarter of a metre smaller than. Brenda is just about my size. Except Tati. She's one and a half metre tall.

Tati.

Why'd she have to screw up? Why does every single person console her in everything she does? What else don't I know?

Eventually, Brenda came to the hospital with Matt. She came to pick Carmen and I up apparently and dad told us to go. And Toby. He wanted to be alone. Brenda went to dad and hugged her. She's always been a daddy's girl. Ever since she was little, her and dad have had a close bond.

That's it!

I'll ask Brenda. I cover up her lies to mum, she'll have to help me. Just like the time I lied to mum about Brenda's little adventure with Matt. She slept with him that night, and I'm serious, and she wasn't supposed to leave the house. So, I watched her back and kept her safe. She still owes me.

Matthew and Brenda were quietly talking up front, while Carmen was fidgeting in the back seat near me. She gets antsy whenever she sees Mariah London, a girl in my class, who happened to have been walking down the street with her brother, Andy, who is just delightful. He goes to school with Brandon and Livia. Anyways, she got all antsy and put her hand to her chest.

Mum thinks she could be bisexual, because she gets a little to antsy around girls, but, she could also be lesbian too. Mum isn't a big fan of homosexuals because she's Christian. She can tolerate them though. Dad, he doesn't care who they are and who they like, he only cares if they're a good person. However, back to Carmen, she could be. Just like how she's grooming herself right now for Mariah, even though it's about to be a green light.

Mariah London is short, average girl, with short blond hair, and freckles covering her nose. She's got a tan, which is nothing like Sammy's. She wears long hoop earrings everyday, as well as a short skin with fishnet stockings, and flats, sometimes moccasins.

When the light turned green, Carmen sat down and sighed. Good riddance. I don't like faggots like herself. Well, I just don't like Carmen. I got nothing against homosexuals. Absolutely nothing against them, just as long as they mind their own business, and I mind mine. I just despise Carmen.

As soon as we got to the house, I saw Brandon and Livia outside, arriving to the house from walking Barkley. Before Brenda stopped her car, I got out and ran to Brandon. He picked me up.

"How's mum?" He asked worriedly as he put me down.

"She's fine. They're running tests on her." Toby said, getting out of his car.

"Then what's going on?" Livia questioned, receiving a hug from her little sister.

"Um..." Matt and Brenda looked away.

Hey guys! I'm absolutely loving this story right now. I'm loving the reads and the comments. Thanks so much. The story is going just how I want it to go. I have so much inspiration for this book, it's absolutely crazy.

I hope you guys loved the double update this week. You guys deserve It. xxx

Redpaws0415
http://redpaws0415.weebly.com
Twitter: LeahandPati
Instagram: Redpaws0415