Chapter 65

DECISIONS WERE NOT THE EASIEST to make, especially when you had a mind as haphazard as mine. It wasn't that I didn't want to make a decision regarding who I wanted to stay with --Jesse Exiles or Samuel Ball-- but it was because I was afraid that the decision I was leaning towards wasn't the absolute greatest for me. But, who cared? No one, but my entire family, including my friends, were going to judge me and forever see me as a maybe a fraud or a true hero. Maybe I'd lose some loved ones in this fierce battle of emotions, as people were going to get hurt without a doubt.

   I tried not to pay attention to that, but to the fact that my parents were finally reunited. Dad had come home in the middle of night and Mum was so happy and they came in together, laughing. We all woke up and saw Dad carrying her up the stairs to their bedroom where they stayed until mid-day. They came down laughing, Mum in his clothes, and Dad shirtless. He gave us all kisses on the head and a firm handshake to Bran. Mum was beyond happy that he was back and you could see it in her face that this happiness wasn't temporary; it was for the rest of their lives, however many years were left --a good amount of decades, I suppose.

   Tati ended up coming back to my room with me that night to talk about Obsidian and how she wants a relationship like Mum's and Dad's. She knew Obi wasn't a forever thing, but she said if it was, then she'd be fine because she knew him like the back of her hand. Tatiana spoke of both the good things and the flaws in Obsidian's character, some of which I was surprised to know and let the conversation continue between us. I only listened to her because I, myself, wanted the same as her but the question kept coming up in everything I did.

   I was getting frustrated by everything. Jesse had not even called since we've returned from England and I was worried he wasn't going to call me at all. On the other hand, Samuel was being extremely clingy and kept trying to woo me, but since I returned back to school, he's had less time. Only when I am home, Samuel Ball tries hard to talk to me, get me to laugh as he stirs up old memories of the story of another us, an ignorant, stubborn, naïve us. But at school, in classes, Jesse was either ignoring me and cutting part of the period so he wouldn't have to talk to me. And since Noelle was not back yet, Jesse was on edge.

   Noelle was still in England from what I heard. Dean Sherwood had called Dad earlier this week after his return to say Arabella went by his house today but he did not answer. Then, Arabella sent her daughter to try by saying she had a right to know her grandfather, but Dean did not budge at all. He made it seem as if he was not there to avoid more conflicts. So, Arabella and Noelle left a note on his door, imploring for a call back, that Arabella wanted to fix things with her father and Noelle to get to know her grandfather.

   So, school was much more different now. I could not sit with my friends anymore. Alice had asked me not to until she settles Jesse down. I begged her to give me one moment with him, as my heart needed it, but she denied my request.

   "He needs time, Ceci. That was why you guys took time in the first place. Give him a few more days, please." Alice said, hugging me so I wouldn't run away in tears and have other kids judge me.

   The other girls, Louise, Cathy, and Callie, however did come see me at my new lunch table --the hallway outside of the cafeteria-- time-to-time to show their support. They asked me about my time in England and about my family, and I asked them about themselves and about the latest Springfield High gossip. They told me about the guys --Jake, Allen, and Dean-- and how Dean was away on a robotics trip and he was sort of pulling away from the group for his new robotics "family," which was how he referred to them when it wasn't "the team." Especially with Jesse gone, who was his best friend since elementary school, he found refuge in the robotics team and with the FIRST community at events.