Chapter 13: Alice

They waited in the silent hallway, with only the sound of Alice's sniffles Fill the air.

Her eyes were red and puffy, with tear streaked cheeks.

Alice looked at her friends, who she hasn't even known for long and she was already leaving them.

_____*Flashback*____

Jessica bursted into the room, covered in water and dirt.

Her hair was ratty, and her eyes were flashing, almost a purple color.

Alice gasped and stepped away from the doorway, hating the terrifying look in Jessica's eyes.

When Jessica saw us packing, her breathing slowed and her eyes settled back into their normal grey/brown color.

Clearing her throat, Olivia spoke first explaining, "Emma's gone. They took her away, and now they're taking us."

Jessica looked confused, but it was quickly taken over by rage.

As quickly as that started, it ended, leaving only sadness.

They let her cry, knowing that they could do nothing to help. The headmaster had made her decision.

Finally, Jessica stopped and went into the bathroom to get cleaned up, then she finished packing silently.

Alice led them out into the hallway, dragging her feet sadly, awaiting her doom.

___*End of flashback*___

Suddenly, the crashing sound of a big door filled the silence.

They stood solemnly, knowing that it was their new parents walking the halls.

Just before their new lives turned the corner, everything went pitch black.

Alice went dizzy, falling all the way to the ground with a smack.

____

Alice woke up with a pounding head. Feeling her nose, she saw that there was dried blood, possibly from a nose bleed.

Adjusting her blurry eyesight, she realized that she was in a room, different from her other one in the orphanage.

She realized that she probably passed out, and then her new family took her in.

Holding back tears, she slowly walked out of the room, making herself familiar with her surroundings.

Voices were coming up from downstairs, so Alice stopped halfway down the stairs to listen.

"... Brought us here?"

"Yeah, I couldn't have y- us separated."

"You're a good friend, thank you."

"It's nothing, I just need to ensure your safety."

Alice sneaked into the kitchen, wondering if it was who she thought it was.

Once she saw the signature braid on the brunette on the girl sitting in front of her, she knew who it was immediately, and ran towards her.

"Olivia!" Alice yelled, jumping out out of the doorway to give her a hug.

"It's nice to see you too," Olivia chuckles.

"Wha-ho-why are you here?" Alice stammered.

"Jessica brought me back here with you guys, we are in a safe house right now, but we have to leave soon if we don't want to get caught," Olivia explains.

"Where will we go?" Alice asks, confused.

Olivia slides over a newspaper, with a heading that read; London, The New Crime Capitol?

Underneath, they explained all of the supernatural things happening there. It came without explanation, just like at the orphanage.

"Wait, you can't be saying that we are going to London," Alice says seriously.

Olivia nods as Jessica explains, "I... Had a dream. We were visiting... My uncle."

"Your uncle?" Alice says, not getting the point.

"My uncle works in.... Let's say, chemical engineering," Jessica continues, hesitantly.

Alice nods, waiting for her to go on. Olivia waits, uninterested, probably because she had heard the story this morning.

"In my dream, he captured us, and used our DNA to basically make... Copies of us," she finishes with a sigh.

"Wait, your uncle made evil copies of us that could potentially be the reason why all these bad things are happening, and, what now, he's using them to destroy the world?" Alice jokes, disbelievingly.

Jessica nods sadly, sucking in a breath. She looked pained.

"Wait, you're serious? And I'm guessing that this... So called 'dream' of yours... Was actually reality?"

Her only answer was Jessica's hard stare, and Alice realized how bad this actually was.

________

Author's Note:

I'm so so so so so so so 5000000000 times sorry. I haven't been updating anything, but it's been a really stressful few weeks and I just wanted to end my summer without worrying about anything.

I wanted to have a couple weeks off to myself, and I'm so so sorry, please don't hate me! Now that school has started, I can start a schedule, like a chapter of each book per weekend or something, how does that sound?

So anyways, the person of the week this time is Jatrisha1999, who has never failed to be active on this Wattpad! Go check out their book, Abnormal Teenz. It's pretty cool!

As always, her are some questions for you to think about for next time, because I'm a nerd and I love my advanced English class too much ;)

They're going to London? How will they get there? What are these weird sightings?

Evil versions of themselves? How will they stop them? What if they know their secondary powers already?

Wow, very quick thinking Jessica there, I wonder why? There's no way she could have found out this stuff beforehand, right?

Thanks sooooooo much for reading, try not to hate me, and stay tuned for the next chapter! Comments are AMAZING and votes are appreciated if you liked the chapter. Seeeee ya, byeeeeee!