Chapter 17

"Alright Blue", Perceptor said placing his daughter down on the table. "I need you to stay here. Your mom is out for recon and I don't need anything happening to my greatest achievement." He smiled down at his child before sitting down at his desk. Brandy was happy that her dad cared so much but she was tired of being cooped up in the Autobot base. "Okay dad", she said swinging her legs over the edge of his desk just like she always did. What Perceptor didn't know was that this tiny little one already had a plan. Once he got distracted enough just like he always did, she'd book it. Bumblebee was waiting for her outside so they could go for another drive. Brandy and Bumblebee had grown quite close but she knew when to keep her distance. Especially when his charge was here. Perceptor was now sitting at his desk tinkering away on another little project Ratchet had given him. This one was simpler and he didn't need Brandy's expertise. She had helped him with some of the harder stuff. It was quite obvious that she was Perceptor's daughter. She watched him intently waiting for that certain look he got when he was fully immersed in his work. She saw his servos grip the machine and a certain focus glazed over his optics. "Perfect." She quietly maneuvered her way from his desk to the ground. She had found an easy path weeks ago. "I'll be back in a bit."

She hurried out of the lab to a waiting Bumblebee who was waiting by the entrance. The other human kids were in school so she was alone at base like she usually was. "Lets go Bee", she said opening up the passenger door. As soon as she sat down, Bumblebee zipped her seat belt up tightly. "Thanks Bee." He exited the silo and headed for the highway. He and Brandy had been going for late night drives which was relaxing for the both of them. Mostly for Brandy, it was some time she could have away from her dad. What she really wanted was some time with her mom. She was always on recon missions and wouldn't get back until Brandy had to go to sleep. They got to spend time together yesterday but it wasn't enough for her. She huffed and folded her arms. Bumblebee buzzed a little trying to see what was wrong. "Nothing really Bee. I just want to spend some time with my mom and get to know her better. I know everything there is to know about dad", she said sighing. He gave her a sympathetic chirp before screeching to a halt. A fighter jet was flying right over them. Brandy knew all too well that regular jets don't fly this close to the ground. Bee's radio turned to static and an ominous voice filled the speakers. "Give me the girl or else."

Brandy shrunk into her seat as Bumblebee reversed quickly and turned back towards the main road. He knew that he couldn't head back to base or it would mean the end of the Autobots. So instead of heading north back to base, he began heading West. Brandy just held on for dear life as Bumblebee zipped in and out of traffic and finally off to one of the desert roads. From what Brandy could decipher, the Decepticon chasing them was Starscream. She rather have him than Megatron chasing them. She looked out the window and saw him swooping down on them. She hid her face waiting for impact but nothing happened. Above her, another jet had entered the scene. This was was larger and much faster. "Mom!"

Rocket shot two missiles, one clipping Starscream's wing and the other hitting it's target directly. He skidded across the dirt and landed up against a rock. He had to transform due to the severity of the hit. Bumblebee stopped as Rocket landed and transformed herself. They were in a deserted part of Nevada so she was safe. "Mom", Brandy said quietly rolling down the window. "Brandy what are you doing here?", she asked frantically. "We need to get you back to..." She didn't get the final word out as something was impaling her side. Starscream was hurt but not down. "If I'm going down, you're going with me." Rocket's servo immediately rose to stop the energon flow. "MOM!", Brandy said trying to take her seat belt off. Bumblebee restrained her the best she could. Starscream transformed once more and sped off into the night. Rocket was on her knees trying to keep herself alive. A bright blue whir of energy appeared before them with 3 Autobots. Ratchet was immediately at her side attending to her wounds. Optimus came over to make sure everything was alright. "Blueprint!", Brandy heard a familiar and unhappy voice say. "Oh No."